Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rain

To disable ads, please log-in.

Take them to see the Chihuly exhibit at the MFA. No special ticket needed; the exhibit is part of the regular price admission. Even non-art lovers will like it.
    I think you'll be fine for the weekend, though.
    Hoping I won't be freezing my azz off at my graduation, which is at the Bank of America Pavilion, catching those lovely freezing winds off of the harbor.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

This weekend at the BOA Pavillion? You must be graduating with my sister. Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of you grabbing that diploma
    "By perseverance the snail reached the ark."

Crankin - congrats again on the graduation! I'll keep fingers crossed for lovely weather for you.

As I suspected, once I was ON the bike OUTSIDE, I was actually fine. Managed 2+ hours on the SS MTB (is that resting?!?!?!?). I'm really glad now that I did go out.

Red - the movies sound good, but for some reason, my parents LOVE to shop when they come to visit. And with the CDN $ higher than the US right now, they'll likely want to do even more

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

m. eliza, is your sister getting her graduate or undergraduate degree? There are two separate ceremonies and I will be at the graduate school ceremony, at 10 AM.
    Thankfully, I have a 3/4 sleeve stretchy, knit dress that is pretty warm. And that lovely robe and hood to cover it should help.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Snow on the ground this morning. It is 32 degrees and tonight is supposed to get back down to 32. My poor perennials are all very unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    Snow on the ground this morning. It is 32 degrees and tonight is supposed to get back down to 32. My poor perennials are all very unhappy
    So sorry! But as sorry as I am, I do have to request that you don't send it this way .

SheFly

Quote Originally Posted by SheFly View Post
    So sorry! But as sorry as I am, I do have to request that you don't send it this way .

SheFly
    I'll do my best but no guarantees!

Crankin, she's getting her graduate degree at 10am. It's been a long time coming. She'll finally have some well-deserved free time to do what she loves--travel! When my mother got her bachelor's degree a few years ago, it was about the coldest May day imaginable with every type of winter precipitation coming down all morning. Most of the graduates got to sit under a tent, but since she was the valedictorian, she had to sit up front and brave the elements for two hours. Personally I think the valedictorian should have been allowed to enjoy the ceremony... I'm hoping for much better weather for you!

Spokewench, I can't even imagine snow right now. I guess I can't really complain about a little rain!

I hope to see you there, m. eliza. Maybe I should put a bike symbol on my cap?

I am assuming the BOA pavilion is covered, at least, though the winds may be blowing in from the sides.

I am sorry you had snow, Spokewrench. But, I have to say, I agree with SheFly. Don't send it here.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I believe most of the Pavillion is covered, if not all of it. Hopefully you'll get a seat far enough away from the edges to avoid the bitter winds.

In other news, I heard Sunday is supposed to be just "mostly cloudy," but until then, this is what my life has become...

Sigh...

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    This weather has been the pits! It has been much harder to get the motivation to go out and run lately b/c it's gray and depressing and cold rain is just icky--some sunshine would be much appreciated. I just hope we have a nice day next Saturday because moving in the rain would really stink...
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Although Sunday presented us with a day of "gray" it did NOT present us with rain Another friend and I rode to Pinkham Notch yesterday, and on the way back down to Gorham the clouds lifted to bright blue sky and tremendous views!! I was so excited!! Had a great view of Mt Washington and the surrounding peaks, which was a special treat. I only wish that I had not left the camera in the car

Although today it's back on the trainer...

http://chasecyclery.blogspot.com

We'll be up this weekend (Thurs through Tues) and are hoping for good weather to be able to do our annual Jefferson Notch ride on Friday! We start in Gorham, up Rte 2, over Jefferson, down Crawford, over Bear, back on West Side, and over Pinkham to finish. Let's cross our fingers for clear skies and moderate temps!

SheFly

p.s.
    LOVE those views of Washington.

Ohhh that's a great ride Shefly... hopefully the weather will be kind to us

Last week we had cruddy weather, but I vowed to bike at least to the bus daily. I managed. Once on the bike it didn't seem as bad as it was when looking out the window. This week is really cruddy. It's hot and humid right now with thunderstorms predicted for later. I'm okay with rain, okay with cold and hot, but I'm not okay with thunderstorms for a 28 mile commute.

One thing I've found about riding in the rain is that it's best not to overdress. I wear a lycra undershirt (long sleeves), regular jersey on top, very light (not waterproof) windbreaker over that. Keeps the water out fairly well and breathes. I don't wear raingear because I end up wetter inside from sweating. Bleh!

Yeah, the weather is cruddy and discouraging. But give it a shot - at least a few miles, and see how you feel.
    I can do five more miles.