Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

No showers at work

Any hints for freshening up if there are no showers at work? Thankfully I work for a park authority so hair in a ponytail is ok but I definitely want to be/feel clean!

I have a shower at work and never use it. It's just too far away from the hot water heater to be useful (unless you want to wait 20 minutes for hot water ).

For most days, just a quick toweling off and some deodorant suffices. If it's really humid out, I might touch up with a baby wipe or two. Just putting on clean clothes makes me feel cleaner.

I keep a stash of all my toiletries and makeup in my desk, so it's easy to have the same "get ready" routine at work that I have at home.

I have a gym at work with showers, but never use it (at least not after cycling to work). I carry a ziplock bag with baby wipes in it and wipe down with them when I change into work clothes.

Bath cloths. You heat it up in the microwave and it really makes you feel clean. I used to cool down while gathering my hygiene supplies for the bathroom while it heated up. I would wash my face and re-wet/gel my hair with my regular products and then clean off just the sweaty areas with the bath cloth. They are like baby wipes in texture, but bigger. They cost more, so occasionally I would just use a towel and regular soap. Then I would put my make up on and run a brush through my hair. I showered before riding to work, but my route was hilly, so I sweat, despite cool temperatures and not riding that fast.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

great, thanks!

Little plasticware leftover-holder thingy with soap and washcloth... and also *try* not to sprint :-)