Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Gel Chamois vs Non-Gel Chamois

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere but after 30 minutes I can't find a thread. Can anyone advise me if gel chamois are any better/worse the regular chamois? I need to buy several pairs of bike shorts soon! I plan on ordering one line--SOON. I have looked at all the LBS and can't find anything at all. They all say they just can't keep anything in stock right now.

If you're ordering online, order from TE. They're great about returns.

Still, while trying on a pair of shorts can eliminate some shorts, and sitting on your saddle with them on can eliminate more, there's no way to really know whether a pair of shorts will work for you besides just riding in them. Yup, that can get expensive. That's why a lot of us, once we find one pair that really works for us, will buy several pairs...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Unfortunately, the three pairs of shorts I have and love are a couple of years old and the style is no longer made. That's what I get for buying stuff on clearance, huh. ARGH! Why do they have to keep changing things??