Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I would call livestrong and komen and ask them to put you on their "do not solicit" list. And I would tell them you're offended by the fundraising efforts, since you're just trying to get help right now.

If it helps, my neighbor had a mastectomy 5 years ago. She was pretty sedentary at the time, but a couple of years later she joined a gym and has been actively working out since then -- frequent cardio and weight training sessions. I think she has some shoulder/arm weakness on the side where the mastectomy was, but otherwise she is doing well and in fact only needs a mammogram once per year.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I just read through this thread and sometimes people on help lines are no help at all!!!!

I am a double mastectomy survivor without reconstruction....
    I had inflammatory BC in 2005 and I am fast approaching my 6 year mark when they didn't expect me to make it a year....

I have lymphedema on the bc side but I deal with it with a lymphedema pump. I was very seditary before diagnosis and I also got back into working out with the help of the team survivor ladies in Austin, tx. I lost 55-60 lbs and now do triathlons!!

In time you can do many of the things you did before.....we are here to support.... Tina in Austin

tina, you and your story are amazing. I wish I lived in Austin.... My daughter does and she loves it, but here is where the work is.

Keep up the good fight. I can't swim very well, but at least I am getting into running so maybe some day a triathalon is in my future, or a biathalon.

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Marni, you are smack dab in the Bible Belt so it's not surprising that faith and religion are being interjected into your encounters with support groups. I haven't experienced what you are going through but my mother is a bc survivor and had a lumpectomy followed by radiation therapy. I think what helped her most was talking with the oncology nurses and fellow patients who knew exactly what she was going through.

Having a forum of like minded people is a big boost for the challenging days. Cancer robs peace of mind and wrecks havoc on the psyche and having contact with fellow survivors is a real boost for when you are experiencing bad days.

Here is one such forum:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/f...splay.php?f=23

Marni, I wish you a steady recovery and lots of support in the coming days.