Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

What an exciting ride! You have such a great story to tell.
    At least that is one way to look at it.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    What a funny typo. I meant "bite" of course!!!
    And of course I knew that, but I also know that we always have bikes on our minds here, and this is a perfect example!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Melalvai View Post
    What an exciting ride! You have such a great story to tell.
    At least that is one way to look at it.
    Hey, there has to be a positive thing somewhere creative story-telling without fibbing is a good thing

I just came across this thread. WOW. I give you a ton of credit for keeping your cool and continuing to ride in uneven terrain (lose gravel) with a dog hanging on to you. You are the WOMAN.

I don't know that I'd be able to keep my cool that way without freaking out. Scares me just reading about it. I know you're a female but you got a pair of steel ones sister.

Yikes
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Catrin, glad you're ok!

I got nipped for the first time last summer--left a bruise. I've been around dogs my whole life and never been afraid. My husband and I both flinch when we see dogs now. I hate it. I understand how you kept going. My intent was TO GET OUT OF THERE! Two more dogs had gone home after I yelled "No, no bad dog. Go home." (I'm pretty sure I learned that from here. We should find that thread for the newbies.) They were also known quantities--it was a new route for us and there was a note on the mapmyride route.

Is there a local bike forum that regulars on this route would check? I was going to contact the local bike shop that rides that route but I ending up having no side effects. (However, my niece is a cop in that town ) Sorry, I'm rambling.
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

'09 Trek WSD 2.1 with a Brooks B-68 saddle
    '11 Trek WSD Madone 5.2 with Brooks B-17

One of the scratches is just itching something terrible! I've always heard this is a good thing... This is one of the places where his teeth couldn't get a good grip - am wondering what the full bite is going to feel like when it starts to heal I've been keeping everything covered with huge bandanas and Neosporin like I was told... See I DO listen to doctors...