Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Lightbulb You can nudge your marker, if you want

To disable ads, please log-in.

FYI---If you've been planted in the middle of an industrial park or something, you can "nudge" your marker to your real neighborhood or anywhere you'd like to be. Once you create your account on the map page, go to "edit your basic profile" and it will give you an option to nudge your marker a bit.

Really? Kewl.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

a nine-iron is from the old days, back when my fathers shirts were 100% cotton and had to be ironed!

As in "Iron my shirts?" "Nein!" I presume. That'd be my answer, if I knew German. The one job I ever got fired from was ironing shirts. I wanted a gardening job, but the job office folks said no, that was boys' work an if I didn't know how to iron shirts yet at 16 how would I manage when I got married. Can you believe it?!
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeless in WI
    As in "Iron my shirts?" "Nein!" I presume. That'd be my answer, if I knew German. The one job I ever got fired from was ironing shirts. I wanted a gardening job, but the job office folks said no, that was boys' work an if I didn't know how to iron shirts yet at 16 how would I manage when I got married. Can you believe it?!
    it was one of our "jobs" when we were growing up and I remember getting in constant trouble with my mom coz I wouldn't iron it the way SHE wanted it done. To this day, I won't iron anything if I can possibly avoid it!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Talking Yes you can

Quote Originally Posted by alpinerabbit
    sorry - I added myself twice.... can the owner remove me?
    I did this too, but at the bottom of the map page after you log in, I think you can delete it under TE shoutouts. I misspelled my first one so I eventually found that I could delete it myself by clicking "remove my shoutout". Ooops.

[Quote from Frappr site, "How do I remove my post and/or photo? If you created a Frappr Member Account, you can remove your own entries by clicking the '(Remove)' link next to shoutouts, member lists, or photos. If you don't have an account, contact the person who created the Frappr (the Frappr admin). He or she can delete it for you.

Or...To add a shoutout, just enter your name, zipcode, and shoutout above. Your name will only appear once on the map, but you can enter multiple shoutouts the same way."]
    Last edited by fixiegrrl; 01-31-2006 at 05:00 PM.

Bumping for new members or anyone who hasn't "shouted."
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

very cool! It is sad though there are no bikers in my area. I am the only one!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I Frapper'd months ago, but when I clicked on the map today I didn't even show up unless I searched the list for my name first.

Looks like there really isn't anybody within like 200 miles of me to ride with.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorfrau
    I Frapper'd months ago, but when I clicked on the map today I didn't even show up unless I searched the list for my name first.

Looks like there really isn't anybody within like 200 miles of me to ride with.
    Frau, I'm sure they're around, they just may not be on the forums.

So, your assignment, if you choose to accept it, is to find those women and get them on the boards. If you get caught we will disavow all knowledge of this operation.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Melody
    So, your assignment, if you choose to accept it, is to find those women and get them on the boards. If you get caught we will disavow all knowledge of this operation.

Mel
    <<<< insert spy music >>>>> Here's your radar-and-GPS-equipped, bike-seeking, digitally wireless, wrap-around glasses (with a bonus hrm on the temple pieces) to help you in your seek-and-find mission, a grapple hook to reel 'em in when you can't bridge the gap, and a smoke screen to lose the guys that will inevitably try to join our site....

Oh yea - this message will self-destruct in 3, 2, 1, .........

~ Agent BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

hi girls, i need help with this signing up to the map...
    I don't know why but it simply wouldn't add me to this map, what seem to be the problem? it said i have to eneter my zip code, so I've done it ... and he recognized my city but nothing happens.
    If some of the girls out of SAD read this, ples tell me how you've done it. thanx

never mind, problem solved
    Last edited by iFKA; 03-09-2006 at 10:01 AM.
    "Life is not measured with the quantity of breaths you take, but with the quantity of moments that took your breath away..."

Hey, I don't live over there!!

Well the Frappr map has me living no where near my actual location...Hey, silly thing, I live just above West North Temple and East of Redwood Rd....I am in the KOA site on W. N. Temple!!!

Do I KNOW where I am????

Melinda

way cool

we're everywhere...
    I'm just happy to BE here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventure Girl
    I hope this works. Click on the link and add yourself to the map! TE map
    Great idea!
    You're never too old!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorfrau
    So, I just cruised over there and the TE HQ wasn't showing up either. But then I figured out that by default it only shows 50 of the markers. At the bottom right of the map, there's an option to "Show 100 more" . It will progressively add markers. Alternatively, as you zoom in on your location, it adds more markers. When I zoomed on Oregon, TE popped up.

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592