Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

Question Can you recommend a nice leather messenger bag?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've searched for a nice leather messenger bag but haven't found many. I've looked at Brooks Barbican and aside from that I can only find canvas with leather trim type bags. Would like to find one that is not the backpack style. Do any of you have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sundial; 05-11-2011 at 04:05 PM.

This? or This? Or even These?

ETA: Not quite sure what you mean by backpack style - so apologies if these are....
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Muirenn, thank you for the links and I have to agree with the second messenger bag--it is a classy, timeless piece. And it looks ready for the outdoors.

Blueberry, I gave the LL Bean bag a lot of thought and was ready to order one until I read the reviews and there were several complaints about the clasps failing to keep the bag closed. So I shelved it until the design is improved. The Coach bags are just downright gorgeous and made me drool.

Levenger has several designs and decided to go with the Cambridge bag.

Thank you both for your recommendations.

Oh Levenger - nice choice! I just drooled all over my keyboard at the Essential Messenger. Lovely!

I'm saving pennies for a Pac Design Bag, though. I have lots of nice "work" bags - what I need is something that I don't have to worry about and can't destroy. One of my favorite wrenches has had one for ~4 years (and uses it - he says - as his "trunk" since he doesn't have a car). It's still in one piece....
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Like... this?
    Or this?

They also have some smaller vertical messenger bags, if you look around some.

I received the Cambridge messenger bag and it was sooo nice. The quality and construction is excellent and the experience with the packaging and presentation was almost like that of a new Brooks saddle.

If you're looking for a genuine leather messenger bag, check out the entire range of leather messengers from the Soulful Collection. The quality is excellent and the prices are reasonably affordable.

I'm a bit of a bag enthusiast, so I clicked through when I saw the query. Unless your commute ride is short, I'd recommend against a leather messenger bag. It's not going to breathe well. It's going to be heavy. If it isn't heavy, it won't last very long. Brooks bags are gorgeous. I wouldn't want to ride with one for more than a short way.

I'm a big fan of Saddleback bags and use them off the bike a lot. I also have a custom bag from "Don't Mourn, Organize" which is beyond gorgeous. When I commute, though, I use my Crumpler Complete Seed (if I need to bring clothes), my small Vaya (if I don't), or my GoRuck Echo. I also like BaileyWorks a lot for messengers.

Of course, feel free to ignore me and buy any one of the gorgeous bags recommended above. You'll have a great bag at the end.