Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

St Francisville Ferry is no more

To disable ads, please log-in.

If you are planning a ride along the Adventure Cycling Southern Tier I thought I should share this bit of news, is a nice thread on our website Bike Touring News. The funky ferry has been closed but the new bridge is open.

This is an informative read, great comments and love to see the biking community working so hard for all of us.

The new bridge is open and does allow cyclists, sounds like a bit of a bumpy ride but the photos sure look beautiful.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Here is a write up of the bridge on CGOAB:
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?...oc_id=8712&v=Q

It is a beautiful bridge, for sure!!! Too bad the DOTD put those crazy rumble strips diagonally across the shoulder. Doesn't seem very bicycle friendly to me...BUT it still looks like a much better option than the two bridges I saw down in Baton Rouge when I was there a few years ago. They supposedly made the bridge "bicycle friendly" with wide enough shoulders, but they just kinda dropped the ball on the placement of the rumble strips. I did read that there are some expansion joints that are potential tire-eaters, but that the expansion joints are covered in the shoulder, so that is good for bikes.

Thanks for the link!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike