Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

That looks like a nice top, Lisa. I so wish that Brooks would make cycling jerseys....I really like their Nightlife stuff, but have a rear pockets addiction

Interesting thread here:

http://equipped.outdoors.org/2010/06...ty-colors.html

If I had a clue how to do it, I would start a company and make all high viz clothing. Screaming yellow is my favorite! Love this thread.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

I wanted to mention that Rudy Project's Sterling helmet is made in screaming yellow and screaming green (and pink). It is very expensive, though:

http://www.e-rudy.com/index_inner.ph...d=3&cat_id=112

After a nasty encounter with some bugs yesterday (eek), the bug stop this helmet has is making me think about it, but I cannot justify the price.

Also, Giordana has a jersey from a previous season (unfortunately not available on TE) that I love -- high visibility yellow with cranberry red accents:

It's on www.gitabike.com under the Giordana stuff for past seasons.

That Rudy project helmet is ridiculous at $225!

Let's hope that Proviz can get a distributor here in the states. Their helmets are awesome!
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

I didn't yet read the ANSI analysis that was linked in the AMC article.

But I have to say that as far as orange being more visible than hi viz yellow in twilight - I have a bright orange running top (I would've linked to a picture, but either the screen colors don't reproduce faithfully, or it isn't made in that color any more). It's pretty much the same color as the suit the guy with the broom is wearing in that AMC picture. When I picked it out from the display in the well-lit LRS in the daytime, it looked every bit as bright as the HVY clothing. But when I took it back to the poorly-lit dressing room to try it on, the HVY continued to pop, while the orange nearly disappeared. I bought the orange top for variety because I liked the fit and fabric, but I only wear it in bright daylight.

Same with my ancient and still scary bright red Cortina wool jersey. If it's twilight or very cloudy, that thing just does not pop the way HVY does.

Maybe my eyes are different from most people's. But DH has made the same comment when we're riding together - that in very low light (not pitch dark), the HVY will pick up and seem to magnify any little bit of light to where it looks almost fluorescent, and is actually brighter than the reflective accents. I'll have to read that article.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 05-23-2011 at 07:17 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Pll- I love that Giordana jersey! The Rudy helmet is nice too, but I'm with you about the price....

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Highway Dept switched from hi vis orange to hi vis yellow years ago because they found the yellow was much more jump-out visible than the 'safety orange'.
    Neon yellow and neon yellow-green do well. And you're right, plain bright red does tend to disappear in shadows and distance.
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^