Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: crashed!

To disable ads, please log-in.

allez, sending good healing mojo your way. ...

I'm also sending your story to a couple of idiot-but-well-loved friends who still refuse to wear helmets when they ride (they do the racing cap turned backwards. so cool.) Just imagine what would have happened if you hadn't had a helmet. Crashes happen to every rider, expert and novice alike, so I get a little hot about the helmet thing...

and you do have someone looking out for you. THAT'S so cool...

Thumbs up Back on the bike

Well, yesterday was my first road ride since my wreck. We went 68 miles and all was well (except for a wicked headwind). There were two long descents to go down and by the time we got to the bottom, my hands hurt from squeezing the breaks! But at least I'm getting my confidence back. I also couldn't help but notice that my riding buddy, who I have a HUGE crush on and who normaly FLYS downhill ahead of me (he's topped 50 mph) and who was the only witness to my slide (he heard the crash and turned around to see me flying across the pavement) stayed behind me anytime we went down a hill...even the small ones. Now, I'm normally not a sappy girl, but I thought that was very sweet. There could be a little romance blooming there too...last Friday he took me out dancing and we had a great time...but I guess that will be another thread

Thank you for all of your tips! The tegederm worked wonders...I can hardly tell where the road rash was. Am Ex promptly reimbursed me for the clothes I ruined. I had forgotten all about Rescue Remedy and Arnica Ointment. I have both, a friend from Europe turned me on to them, so I started putting arnica on my bruised shoulder and it did help. And I do keep antiseptic wipes in my seat bag now. One of the girls I was with that day had some and I was able to clean up right away, which I'm sure was beneficial in the long run! This forum and the women who post on it are just awesome!!!!

I know that if I had not been wearing a helmet the outcome would have been very different. When I first sat up, I could not recall where I was (I did know everyone that I was with), where my car was, and who was watching my son...it was a really scary feeling to be that disoriented, but luckily it was only for a moment. I would never consider riding without a helmet now.

Thanks again to you all and Happy Halloween!