Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Still 134.2. My weight isn't budging at all - either way - which is better than it could be! I suspect that things will start to head the right direction once the weather allows me to ride more consistently.

I would like to be in please, I weigh a very discouraging 200 lbs. My goal is 192. I know that I have to change the way I eat for life but am really struggling with eating too much sugar so much sugar that I put on all the weight I had lost in previous challenges. I need to figure out how to not eat junk and to stick with it.

Thank you Possegal for taking your time to do all of this for us.

So I went yesterday to have my resting metabolic rate tested and my body composition in one of those 'bod pod' thingys. Talk about sobering. I know I'm way too heavy, I know I'm unhappy, but to see those numbers was kind of frightening. I'm 49% fat. UNBELIEVABLE. My sister kept telling me - don't let it discourage you, don't let it get you depressed, use it to motivate you. On the plus side, my RMR was much higher than my height/weight/composition estimated. Based on teh estimation, with no exercise, I'd have had to eat only 750 calories to lose 1 lb a week. The RMR measurement takes it to about 2000. The guy who did the measurements was pleased and so glad I opted to do both so that he could see that it was totally doable to have a 500 calorie deficit based on my RMR.

At first I swear he looked at me like - why are you here? It is a bike shop that has coaching and such, so I'm sure he's used to getting fit athletes in there. But he quickly moved to very encouraging - what's your plan, how are you going to attack this, I don't care about this first number, it's the next one when you come back in in 3-4 months that matters. So, wasn't nearly as humiliating as it could be, but still DAMN humiliating.

Here is this challeng's spreadsheet! Let's kick some butt everyone.
    https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spr...UE&output=html

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I've always wanted to do the bod pod thing. I'm so afraid the numbers will mess with my head, tho. I guess I don't want to know, but maybe knowing will help provide the motivation.
    Proud of you, Posse!! I think taking that first step is the scariest part. We CAN do this!!!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Posse, good luck- I'm proud of you for facing it and now you can move from stress to success with your plan! Keep us posted, and of course we're all here to support each other.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Rock on, Possegal. How do you find a bod pod? I've used one of those little handheld units and it showed me as 52% fat. Yikes. My BMI is 39. No idea about the metabolic rate, though, and I'd like to know. Unless I'm sleepwalking over to Chick-fil-a every night, I don't know why I"m not just melting off the fat with all the walking I'm doing.

The two voices in my head for that whole 90 minutes: TREK AND KNOT! Trek is saying, "Intervals!" and Knot is yelling, "CORE!" Just the coaching I need. Thanks, ladies!

I've still be walking every day on the treadmill except for yesterday and today. I had surgery this morning -- minor outpatient thing. Radiofrequency reduction of my turbinates in my nose and the base of my tongue to open up my airways so I can breathe better and hopefully ease my sleep apnea.

I'm hoping if I can start sleeping better, I'll have that hormonal boost toward weight loss, too.

So this morning, 226.2.

Goal for July 1: 200. Might as well aim high.

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

When I was looking, I also did a google with bod pod and my state, which brought up this bike store, which isn't listed on that bod pod locator thing and was closer to me than the ones on that site. Not sure how many are out there that aren't on that locator, but worth a google search. I have to admit, I got the idea to look around for one after watching an episode of the show Ruby on The Style Network.

Way to go Possegal! I wouldn't mind finding one of them myself, it sounds very useful!

Count me in again as I have made no real progress...

I am currently 134.2 and really want to get to 125...

Ok, guessing, (as I am in the middle of moving from SF to LA), so start me at 140 officially please. When I get the chance to unpack my scale, I'll have something more solid.

May 3 was 136.5. Been stuck at around 137 for several weeks. I am running an average of 1200 calories. My exercise has increased a lot in the last several weeks because I want to maintain as much muscle mass as possible. Because the real likihood is that I am on a plateau do to a drop in metabolism from loss of muscle. It happens when you are on calorie restriction diets. I have to either reduce calories more or exercise more. Ack! I don't want to go below an average 1100, it increases the chance of me being too hungry and binging.

My July 5 goal (nine weeks) is to be down to 129, slightly less than dropping a pound a week. May be too aggressive given the plateau I am on.
    Last edited by goldfinch; 05-08-2011 at 05:51 AM.

I'm gonna put my starting weight at 226. I've been retaining water and it's been bouncing horrendously for 2 days (yes, I know why - yes, I'm correcting it). Goal: 215.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

178.5#
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

This is a mid-week checkin, but as of a few minutes ago, I'm down to 221. This is the lightest I've been in probably ten years.

I had nasal/base of my tongue surgery on Friday and I was on narcotics until last night. I've been avoiding them today because I want to go back to work tomorrow.

DH went and got me three days' worth of acai bowls from Robeks, sans the granola topping, and I've eaten a whole jar of TreeTop Apple Sauce and one can of soup, plus grits and scrambled eggs. I tried a peanutbutter sandwich, but the whole grain bread is just too rough on my throat.

I'm off exercise until further notice from the doctor - nothing strenuous that might put pressure on my breathing passages. I'm not allowed to blow my nose, I'm doing twice-daily neti pot rinses. Multiple daily spritzes with nasal spray and saline.

I'm wondering how much of the loss is water and muscle mass -- I'm feeling really weak, but I'm coming off narcotics, too. The woozy is probably from that.

Now, when I can get back to exercise and eating solid food...can I keep this weight off?

Wednesday morning: 218.6 -- makes me wonder if I take another day off and sleep and eat nothing but applesauce...

Roxy
    Last edited by channlluv; 05-11-2011 at 05:06 AM.
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Take care of yourself, Roxy!

My official starting weight is 149.6. I weighed in on Saturday morning but totally forgot to post. My goal for July 1 is 144 lbs.

Thanks for doing this again, Possegal!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom