Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Another member of the club

To disable ads, please log-in.

I usually join forums and lurk, sneaking my way in responding to threads without introducing myself, since I'm kind of a shy person. I'm trying to break that trend and am changing a lot of things in my life, so here goes -

I'm in my mid thirties and I hadn't ridden a bike for probably 4 1/2 years, and had never been into road cycling, when I recently made some major changes in my life and decided to get active again. I had just gotten out of a horrible marriage and into a relationship with a hardcore cyclist, who finally got me out on the tandem and got me hooked. I bought my bike two months ago and have been riding ever since - either on the the tandem with my sweetie or by myself, working my way up to 40-mile rides. I also practice yoga (classes twice a week) and run about two times per week and have gotten into shape amazingly fast - lost 20 pounds over three months and have more energy than I've had in years.

So now I'm going on a 100k in a month and am starting training for a century ride with Team in Training and am love love LOVING my bike! I'm excited to be here and learn from everyone here, and maybe someday actually have experience and wisdom to share with other new riders
    2013 Volagi Viaje
    2002 LeMond Tete de Course rebuild/"The Chimaera"
    2012 Scott Contessa Foil with Dura-Ace
    2011? budget "Takara Kabuto" Single Speed/Fixie "The Bumblebee"
    1999 Santana Team Ti 700 tandem/"Silver Streak"

Welcome, this is a great place to get support, encouragement, suggestions and camaraderie.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

This sounds great all around! Congratulations on the life change and looking forward to reading more from you on TE.

Welcome! Enjoy your new life!
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

Welcome to TE! Sounds like like life in on a big upswing for you... congrats!

Electra Townie 7D