Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Whilst I think in general humans consume too much, a second dedicated commuter bike will mean you consume less in the long run - especially since it will mean if one bike is unridable for some reason, you've got a backup.
    I've got an SUB of my own and was really afraid I'd get buyer's remorse ... instead, I ended up selling my car.

Since then, Trek's come out with a rather nifty Transport -- yes, the price tag challenges the "oh, get a beater and just ride it" -- but a well designed utilitarian bike really *is* useful and does the stuff that it's hard to do on a "regular" bike.

For a commute that long, you really don't want to have to deal with a backpack, and that means you want luggage ... and that means you need a new (-to-you, at least) bike with a metal frame.

I'm in a very similar boat right now. I may just spring for that commuter this year...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    that Trek Transport is SAWEET!!!! Oh my, I think I'm in love...
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Kitsune06 Guest
    How does the Trek Transport compare to the Surly Big Dummy and the Kona Ute?