Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Avatar Anyone?

To disable ads, please log-in.

After much, much trial and error, a couple of years ago I finally settled on the Specialized Jett. The last half year or so, however, I have had reoccuring saddle sores in the "joint" area. When measured, my sit bones fell between 143 and 155 so I opted for the 155. I think the 143 would put my sit bones off the saddle.

I test rode a Specialized bike this weekend that came with this year's Avatar. I was not sold on the bike, but the saddle, that I liked. It was about a 20 mile test ride. So ... I am thinking about giving the Avatar a try. The local shops have a 30-day return policy. Anyone else have experience with the 2010 or 2011 Avatars?

I tried it. I didn't hate it, I got a "hot" seat after riding an hour. I think it was a little too padded for me. It looks very similar to the jett. Give it a shot! Have you tried a ruby?
    2009 Specialized Roubaix pro/SMP lite 209
    2010 Trek 4300/Specialized ariel 155

No I have not tried the Ruby. Perhaps I should give them both a try. I know the older Avatars had way to much padding but they changed the design last year to make them less plump.