Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by kmehrzad View Post
    aicabsolut,

Would you be able to take a Park Tools class on Sunday afternoons (4-6:30 pm) for 6 wks. beginning Aug. 7th? DivingBiker and I are considering taking this class in Alexandria, VA.
    Hmm.. possibly. 6wks is a long time to commit to, though I guess Sunday afternoons would be the best for me since I think racing will be pretty much over by then. Where? At Spokes?

Yes, it's at the Spokes shop. http://spokesetc.com/about/park-tool-school-pg839.htm

The class is held after store hours on Sunday.
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

Possegal, the past post about this class was for a small, private class that would cover just the things the participants were interested in learning, however, I think the cost prohibited participation.

Here's the link for the class - http://spokesetc.com/about/park-tool-school-pg839.htm. DivingBiker and I are planning on taking the August 7th class (for 6 wks.). Cost is $200.

I just signed up for this! I'll be the one that kinda knows that the handlebars go at the FRONT of the bike.

I so need to check this out. We have an REI near me in Roseville, CA. The class I took (where I bought my bike) was totally useless to me. I have changed one flat, but don't know if I could muster the strength again. I would love to learn more about my bike and not be so dependant on a bike shop. I might see what our REI offeres.
    “Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.”.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Type One Diabetes
    currently using Medtronic MiniMed
    Revel 723 with CGMS

Possegal, the past post about this class was for a small, private class that would cover just the things the participants were interested in learning, however, I think the cost prohibited participation.

Here's the link for the class - http://spokesetc.com/about/park-tool-school-pg839.htm. DivingBiker and I are planning on taking the August 7th class (for 6 wks.). Cost is $200.
    So yeah, I was the one who showed up 45 minutes late. Torrential rain + going to the wrong spokes + leaving with just the right amount of time to get there if it weren't monsooning and I was going to the right place = no so much being on time. OY!

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    So yeah, I was the one who showed up 45 minutes late. Torrential rain + going to the wrong spokes + leaving with just the right amount of time to get there if it weren't monsooning and I was going to the right place = no so much being on time. OY!
    It was nice meeting you today after class. You, DB and I will need to do a ride together sometime.
    Dahon Eco C7
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

It was nice meeting you today after class. You, DB and I will need to do a ride together sometime.
    It was nice to meet you too!!
    And definitely on the ride! And maybe I can average even faster than my usual 11 to 12 mph.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Hey Possegal,

Where ya be? I know that last week you were in Philly for a bike ride but was expecting you in class this week.

K
    Dahon Eco C7
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

I had intended to be there this week but then ended up sick on Sunday. Not sure what it was, but definitely sure I needed to not leave the house. Feeling fine today though, so who knows.

I'll be there next week for sure. With my bike, which just got a great tune-up and likely needs to have nothing done to it.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I signed up for the Ann Arbor REI class, but they only have the 1.5 hours Bike Maintenance basics. Hopefully they'll go into more than just changing a flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    I had intended to be there this week but then ended up sick on Sunday. Not sure what it was, but definitely sure I needed to not leave the house. Feeling fine today though, so who knows.

I'll be there next week for sure. With my bike, which just got a great tune-up and likely needs to have nothing done to it.
    Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. At least you can true your wheels or something of that nature next week. Last week's instruction was great ... I really enjoy the Derailleur lesson. You'll definitely have to make that one up.
    Dahon Eco C7
    Trident TWIG Recumbent