Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by hulagirl View Post
    That is one big *** trunk! LOL!

Which rack is that? We got the BF folding rack and while it's heavy, it's pretty sturdy.

Did you put the nametag on your bike or did BF? Ours just came in a bag and we don't know where to put them. ;-) I guess they didn't know which bike was which. hahaha.

Aren't those fenders a bear to put on?! Not fun with shipping.

Love the Brook's!
    I'm not sure what it is about the rack I'm not sure of, so maybe its just me being weird. I think it was that I wanted the folding rack and didn't get it. They didn't mess up, I did. But, I don't want to pay the difference for a folding rack - I'm cash poor right now (for obvious reasons!). I also kinda like the look of the bike better without the rack.

My nameplate came already on, but I bet you are right - they didn't want to mount on the wrong bike for your order.
    200x Electra Townie 24D/Brooks B67

I had planned to ride tonight but it is nearly 100 degrees and we are still in a heat warning. UGH. And I'm going away for the weekend. May still try if the heat drops a little tonight, but may be having to wait until Sunday or Monday.

I did it! I finished the post, sat for about 2 minutes and couldn't stand it anymore. I rode 3.6 miles, on a couple of city roads, over fairly smooth railroad tracks, then over very rough railroad tracks, and ended with the last .75 miles or so on a highway. This bike is amazing, excellent, wonderful. Had the fun and somewhat upright feel (reminding me of my Trek Pure - pure fun) and yet I could go much faster with much less work. It was 100 degrees out and I wasn't pushing it yet I still went 12.25 mi/hr including stopping at one intersection. Heck, even had less stops than would normally on this route - like the Bike God was smiling. And, considering it has been a good 6 weeks since I've ridden a bike AT ALL, I felt pretty good.

Yipppee!!!!!!

Yay!! So glad you had a good first ride!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Yay!! So glad you had a good first ride!
    Me too! It was so different than my first ride on the road bike I had, where I spent most of the time terrified. I had fun but was testing skills at the same time. My Trek Pure was all fun but so SLOW. This was a perfect combination.

That's one sweet-looking Bike Friday. Congratulations!

Figured out my drop bar (3T Ergonova) and won't need to cut that in half as it's pretty compact.
    (
    Just ordering these for my wife and one for me. Wanted to get our regular compact drop bars which is the FSA Wing Compact. They are as compact as the 3T. So, does that mean, that we can pack the bike without using a split handle bar?

Really confused about the bar for these bikes, and would appreciate any help.

Here's another for you guys that I took tonight on our way to dinner in Seattle:

It's like seeing double! ;-)

Emily - we are looking for horns now. Or a bell. I'm thinking a simple Crane Brass bell will work fine - but I'd love something that I could activate from my hoods. Ha...I like to dream.

We are packing up our panniers for the 3 hour boat trip up to Victoria BC tomorrow. I can't tell you how excited we are to get our bikes out on a trip and on a BOAT and a FERRY no less. I just love these things!

I'd love to see new pic of your bike Emily with the splash of blue! Post away!

Denise
    Wow, super looking bikes. Especially together. Are those Planet Bike fenders with stays?

Here's another for you guys that I took tonight on our way to dinner in Seattle:

It's like seeing double! ;-)

Emily - we are looking for horns now. Or a bell. I'm thinking a simple Crane Brass bell will work fine - but I'd love something that I could activate from my hoods. Ha...I like to dream.

We are packing up our panniers for the 3 hour boat trip up to Victoria BC tomorrow. I can't tell you how excited we are to get our bikes out on a trip and on a BOAT and a FERRY no less. I just love these things!

I'd love to see new pic of your bike Emily with the splash of blue! Post away!

Denise
    Wow, just reached here and these bikes look absolutely fantastic. Congratulations.

Are those Planet Bike fenders with stays?

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Here ya go -- taken today right before heading to the markets. Mine doesn't look nearly as sleek as yours due to fenders, lots of long cabling from the bar-end shifters, and age (7 years!), but she's still a cutie (to me). If we weren't going to move to Belize soon and leave our Fridays for safe-keeping at my mom's, I'd outfit her with a black & red saddle and red Candies pedals!

Nice. Love the white ones, but they cost more I guess.

Are those BF fenders? Heard that they have a single bolt attachment without stays? Do they flap around?

Which handlebar is that? Is it a split bar?

I'm not the original poster but....

Bike Friday is running a special with a "color of the week" through the rest of the year. White is a free upgrade if ordered on 12/9.

Fenders from them are single bolt, and I'll probably replace mine with another manufacturer at some point. I've not had problems, but I don't use them all of the time.

Bike Friday can split any handlebar that is the appropriate diameter - and all of the bars on their folding bikes are split.

Hulagirl is using the 3T bar which is the oversized one and not the 1" clamp size. Also, she gave the impression that her bar was not split, so was wondering.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the colour of the week.

Also, do you find the split bar 'solid'?
    Last edited by deepakvrao; 10-29-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
    Hulagirl is using the 3T bar which is the oversized one and not the 1" clamp size. Also, she gave the impression that her bar was not split, so was wondering.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the colour of the week.

Also, do you find the split bar 'solid'?
    I'm 99% sure Emily's bar is split (the white bike in your post I replied to). I've been having trouble finding a short/shallow enough bar to make me happy that is the small diameter. That's cool if they've got an alternate clamp for larger bars. Every one I've seen in person has been split, though. I think packing would be difficult with a single piece bar.

No issues with the bar moving or feeling any different from a regular bar. I don't think about it until I pack the bike.

I thought that the yellow and red bikes have standard 3T bars and not split. Have PMed Hulagirl for the details.

Happy to hear that the split bars 'feel' normal.