Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Kitsune06 Guest

To disable ads, please log-in.

Tell us how you really feel, Knot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post
    Tell us how you really feel, Knot!
    "BEER - now cheaper than gas. Drink, don't drive!"
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Many thanks for the clarifications, much appreciated.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    'cept when I go to the liquor store on my bike, I kinda feel like someone who lost their license to a DUI conviction or something. Or is that just me? One time I came out of the liquor store with two bottles of wine and was putting them in my pannier and a woman walked in just open-mouthed gaping at me- like she wasn't about to do the same thing.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    'cept when I go to the liquor store on my bike, I kinda feel like someone who lost their license to a DUI conviction or something. Or is that just me? One time I came out of the liquor store with two bottles of wine and was putting them in my pannier and a woman walked in just open-mouthed gaping at me- like she wasn't about to do the same thing.
    LOL! We can buy wine in the grocery stores here - so I can look all French chic with a baguette, cheese and a bottle of wine. However - our ABC stores are where one buys liquor. And yes - showing up on a bike (or gasp bringing bags) gets quite a look. On the other hand, they do have good bike racks
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    LOL! We can buy wine in the grocery stores here - so I can look all French chic with a baguette, cheese and a bottle of wine. However - our ABC stores are where one buys liquor. And yes - showing up on a bike (or gasp bringing bags) gets quite a look. On the other hand, they do have good bike racks
    We buy six bottles of wine at a time at Trader Joe's when we ride over on our Bike Fridays with panniers. Never gave it a second thought!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Addiction, ADDICTION, ADDICTION!!!!!

We all know that we must have oil, or the world will come to an end! After all, for the last 200,000 years, humanity has been completely dependent on oil! (oh, only 70 years? I'm wrong? Surely not?)

We all know that the Tooth Fairy has an infinite supply of oil tucked away for all us good little girls and boys, all we have to do is refine it and live in glorious ecstasy! (oh, it's finite? Really? Are you sure?)

There comes a time when everyone has to grow up a little. You want to drive? Pay your dealer for your addiction. Suck it up. Cower before your master.

Or ride your bike.
    I LOVE THIS.
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    We buy six bottles of wine at a time at Trader Joe's when we ride over on our Bike Fridays with panniers. Never gave it a second thought!
    I've discovered that Trader Joe's is a dangerous place for me to bike to. I always buy way more goodies than I planned, and end up with a very slow, heavy ride for 14 miles home.....

Seriously, though - that's one of the places I have a hard time getting in and out of safely on a bike. Just seems like there's not really a good route (at least from the Durham side).
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    I've discovered that Trader Joe's is a dangerous place for me to bike to. I always buy way more goodies than I planned, and end up with a very slow, heavy ride for 14 miles home.....

Seriously, though - that's one of the places I have a hard time getting in and out of safely on a bike. Just seems like there's not really a good route (at least from the Durham side).
    Yeah, it helps that DH carries most of our load. He's much stronger than me. And if we ride directly home, it's only about 4-5 miles, so a bit easier than your return trip. But I do try to go in with a list and not get distracted by all the goodies, because it can be easy to go overboard, as you say.

I agree, the traffic around there is TERRIBLE. We have to cross 15-501, which is always an adventure. For us, only the last mile right near TJs is a problem, but it's definitely an adrenaline booster!
    Emily