Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer...

Beer...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Beer how I love thee, let me count the ways! I love how your midnight dark brew almost fizzes on the tongue and lifts my spirit. I love the different brews, but the midnight dark brews do have my heart.

Especially Bad Elmer Porter, Stockhouse Oatmeal Stout, and Bells Best Brown Ale...

Next?

Mmmm beer. I prefer ambers / reds, myself.
    '09 Jamis Satellite Femme | stock Jamis Road Sport -- road
    '08 Trek 7.2FX | Terry Cite -- commuter
    '77 Raleigh Grand Prix mixte | stock Brooks (vinyl) -- just for fun!

New Grist by Lakefront Brewery.
    http://lakefrontbrewery.com/gluten_free.html

A deliciously bitter hoppy piece of joy for those of us who have celiac disease and are barred from our beloved reds...

"BEER: now cheaper than gas! Drink, don't drive."

(Other people besides me have begged the makers of Fat Tire to do a gluten-free beer, but they say that it's just impossible for them to avoid cross contamination in their plant. Very sad, because I'd really like to support New Belgium for all their bike advocacy.)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I don't think I have tried any of the reds. I don't like bitter beer though - my beloved dark beers are far from that. Have tried Bells Amber, and it was pretty good.

Have tried Fat Tire and I wouldn't turn it down, but there are others I like far better. Good to support their advocacy efforts though. I've been known to buy it for others

Three little letters are the key to my heart: IPA.
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

Deschutes Black Butte Porter, perhaps the best beer in the whole world.

Kilkenny comes close behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    Deschutes Black Butte Porter, perhaps the best beer in the whole world.

Kilkenny comes close behind.
    Hmmmm, where do you live in the US? I've only had one Porter so far, Upland's Bad Elmer Porter which is my current favorite. I wonder if I can get that in Central Indiana...

Orange Blossom Pilsner in the summer ... Columbus Brewing Co. Oatmeal Stout in the winter.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I am rockin' the very delicious Smuttynose Robust Porter these days. Thick, dark, starts with the tiniest bit of sweet and then finishes with a bit of bitter followed by smoke/chocolate/coffee... YUM!!!

Love Black Butte Porter-have your tried Black Butte XXI? Another favorite is Old Rasputin Imperial Stout

Catrin, I live in Vancouver BC, not in the USA, however I have found Deschutes beers in most locations on the west coast and even in Hawaii. I'm sure you can find it at some local fancy beer store, or just write Deschutes an email to ask where it's distributed in your state!

Snap, I am afraid I cannot find that anywhere around here!! I look forward to a trip to Portland this summer though, where I am sure it will be available. (Will it?)

IPA - the hoppier the better. Ninkasi Total Domination is my current favorite. This year's summer beers were tasty, though. Widmer Citra Blonde was great. And the new CDA's, AKA Black IPA are fantastic. Beer is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Bells Best Brown Ale...

Next?
    And Oberon...still the best "shower beer." But the beer that could potentially unseat Oberon is Brewery Vivant's "Solitude." All of their beers come in pint cans...so shower-friendly!

And New Glarus...the only one of their brews I've not cared for is Totally Naked--I'm not a lager fan, generally. Too thin/mild/bland.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Really cannot see what is good about beer BUT I know I am in the minority AND I would love to enjoy drinking it, there seem to be so many fun varieties too.

Living in the UK it is something I do not shout from the roof tops, as I would be probably be considered very weird not liking beer.

Cheers too you all.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Catrin, Bells has a porter you might be able to find. Not my favorite, but not bad. I love Bells but they don't distribute out here. Same with Southern Tier.

My favorite beer at the momen is Great Divide's Smoked Baltic Porter. YUM.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens