Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    OMG, was it the New Glarus apple beer that they did last year? To. die. for. Made me cry when mine was gone, since we can't get it here and it was a limited edition thing.
    No, it was Lindeman (Belgian). I've never found it since, though I'm pretty sure Jungle Jim's has it. (They have everything...)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    No, it was Lindeman (Belgian). I've never found it since, though I'm pretty sure Jungle Jim's has it. (They have everything...)
    Ooh, I've not had their apple, but I love their framboise...
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I'm trying to like beer. I've only really tried IPAs (and there were some good and bad ones)...Malty, you say? Next time I go shopping...

IPA...don't like. Don't like most lagers and I find wheat beers and indeed most light beers boring at best. I LOVE good porters and stouts however and no one was more surprised than I to discover that. Not all stouts are bitter like Guinness - I do not enjoy bitter or very hoppy. Fruity beers? I generally don't care for them, but there have been a couple of selections. Malty is good! Ale is good, when it is good. I've tasted so many this year that looked promising, but many were too weak in taste. My favorite dark ale is Black Toad that I get at Trader Joe's...it almost fizzes on the tongue

I picked up some Edmund Fitzgerald (Great Lakes Brewing Co) over the weekend. Let's see how this goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    I am rockin' the very delicious Smuttynose Robust Porter these days. Thick, dark, starts with the tiniest bit of sweet and then finishes with a bit of bitter followed by smoke/chocolate/coffee... YUM!!!

OMG where can I get this?

I picked up some Edmund Fitzgerald (Great Lakes Brewing Co) over the weekend. Let's see how this goes...
    I cracked one open today while studying. (It has been that sort of day.)
    I don't know why I didn't expect this, because I know it happens with tea (some more than others), but the flavor profile changes as it warms up. At first (just out of the fridge), it tasted just bitter. Now it tastes vaguely like chocolate and burnt coffee. Pretty good, actually.

I just had a New Belgium Hoptober and now I'm having a sneezing fit. I refuse to admit that I may be allergic to beer...

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

It's holiday beer time!!!! Last night we enjoyed Sierra Nevada Gran Cru - I think the alcohol content is 12%, our favorite hangout seasoned these beers for a year (you can do that with a high alcohol count beer) The DH and I shared 2 - 22 oz with dinner. Our favorite server was teasing us but we both remember the bike ride home so it wasn't that strong
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    I just had a New Belgium Hoptober and now I'm having a sneezing fit. I refuse to admit that I may be allergic to beer...
    That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger It's homeopathy for allergies
    I have the same problem. I just suffer through it. Might be the sulfites.

Not all who wander are lost

We have only one seasonal brew down here in Belize due to the Bowen & Bowen monopoly -- Belikin Sorrel Stout. I like it, though!

Here's a blog post about it (not mine):

http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2011/12...rel-stout.html
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I am currently enjoying St. Arnolds special Christmas ale, alternating with chocolate stout which definitely becomes a different beer when a bit warm.

happy holidays

marni
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Quote Originally Posted by beccaB View Post
    That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger It's homeopathy for allergies
    I have the same problem. I just suffer through it. Might be the sulfites.
    Turns out it's just IPAs, and not all of them. Odd. Am wondering if it's a certain kind of hops, but I haven't kept track well enough to know.

Happily enjoying a New Belgium Snow Day now Currently my favorite beer.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Upland Brewery has a fine chocolate Imperial Russian Stout seasonal by the name of "Teddy Bear Kisses" Wonderful! It is the first time that an ounce of beer actually warmed my stomach. For some little time I think that is from the 10.5% alcohol content...but it is a wonderful winter beer. It actually doesn't taste quite like beer to me, but it is quite yummy. If you are in Indiana, or otherwise have access to this holiday seasonal, it is worth getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Upland Brewery has a fine chocolate Imperial Russian Stout seasonal by the name of "Teddy Bear Kisses" Wonderful! It is the first time that an ounce of beer actually warmed my stomach. For some little time I think that is from the 10.5% alcohol content...but it is a wonderful winter beer. It actually doesn't taste quite like beer to me, but it is quite yummy. If you are in Indiana, or otherwise have access to this holiday seasonal, it is worth getting it.
    That sounds pretty good...

The newest sensation around here: Yuengling. (Pennsylvania--clearly some kind of exotic location...) Not bad. (I had one while at a friend's, and a quarter of one with my advisor). I also recently tried a vanilla porter. It won't be a favorite, I don't think, but it wasn't bad.

Pity I missed out on the Great Lakes Christmas Ale this year.

New Belgium has brought Fat Tire to the east coast. I'm one very happy girl!