Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just had Rogue Dog 75 year anniversary. Treat yourself to a bottle if you can find it! So yummy

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Catrin, Bells has a porter you might be able to find. Not my favorite, but not bad. I love Bells but they don't distribute out here. Same with Southern Tier.

My favorite beer at the momen is Great Divide's Smoked Baltic Porter. YUM.
    I love Upland's Bad Elmer Porter There is also a couple of local microbreweries that have great porters, one in particular.

I just discovered a yummy English Double Chocolate Stout - Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. It is nice and malty which is just what I like - I am not a lover of hops. It is a bit light for a stout but still pretty yummy.

I am going to try a new (to me) oatmeal stout tonight which is also an import: "Samuel Smith Old Brewery Tadcaster Oatmeal Stout". I love a good oatmeal stout so we will see what I think of it.

I think I may have had the Bells Porter, but can't remember what it was called - so either I wasn't all that fond of it or I am mistaken. Hopefully the latter

We celebrated 31 years of being married on Wednesday - wow where have those years gone. Anyway the bistro next door was having a "beer pairing" dinner - how perfect. Beers were from Ninkasi Brewing in Eugene. on another note my Dr. said the best way to combat the middle age waistline is to cut down on Carbs! Yikes I think I just need to up my time on the bike
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

We brew at home. Had our pumpkin last night, brewed in the Belgian style. Tasty stuff!
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

Yea, I've cut down the carbs, but I still allow for a beer once in awhile. You can't live life with no pleasure. I'd rather go without other foods.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

If you're ever in the Midland, Saginaw, Bay City area of Michigan, or Ann Arbor's old whole foods had it... Tri City Charity Island IPA. Such a beautiful thing. Nearly made me cry! Think I'll go have one now!

Not all who wander are lost

I'm trying to like beer. I've only really tried IPAs (and there were some good and bad ones)...Malty, you say? Next time I go shopping...

At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    I'm trying to like beer. I've only really tried IPAs (and there were some good and bad ones)...Malty, you say? Next time I go shopping...

IPAs are pretty hard intros to beer. They can be pretty strong and bitter, somewhat of an acquired taste, even for beer lovers. I would try a stout like a coffee or chocolate one. Also, there are some good fruit beers and ales that aren't as strong as IPAs.
    Girl meets bike. Bike leads girl to a life of grime: http://mudandmanoloscycling.com/

I'd suggest a red/amber ale if you're looking for "beer" but not something as strongly flavored as an IPA. But really...just sample If you're ever at a restaurant where you can get a flight or sampler of 4-6 smaller servings, definitely go for it.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

There was a bar in Cleveland that served only Belgian beers (and a few local ones), and I had some fantastic (and not so fantastic) stuff there.

I don't see the point in drinking lambics. The two I tried tasted like...well, alcoholic fruit juice.

I don't see the point in drinking lambics. The two I tried tasted like...well, alcoholic fruit juice.
    You say that like it's a bad thing... I love lambics. I just don't think of them as beer. They are more cider-like to me.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Framboise Lambic is one of my favorites - specifically because it's not all "beer-y".
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing... I love lambics. I just don't think of them as beer. They are more cider-like to me.
    I had an apple lambic and a sip of someone else's peach one. The apple was just like drinking alcoholic, fizzy apple juice. It was weird. The peach...uh...

Yes, IPAs are intense and bitter, to me anyway. I love beer, but not IPAs! Try a hefeweisen. Or just a basic lager. I love the fruity beers too, and pumpkin ale can be pretty yummy in the fall!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I had an apple lambic and a sip of someone else's peach one. The apple was just like drinking alcoholic, fizzy apple juice. It was weird. The peach...uh...
    OMG, was it the New Glarus apple beer that they did last year? To. die. for. Made me cry when mine was gone, since we can't get it here and it was a limited edition thing.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2