As the title of my post states...I am wanting to swap out the FSA SLK carbon crank on my Cannondale Synapse for an Ultegra one. I have not been happy with the FSA crank from day 1, and I want it gone. I also believe that the big chainring on the FSA crank may be playing a role in the awful shifting problems I've been experiencing on the front ring. I know that I could just swap out the chainring itself, but at $120 for the big ring alone, I'd rather spend the extra $$$ and get the entire Ultegra crank. In addition to the Ultegra crank, it is my understanding that I will also need to replace the bottom bracket...as my current BB, an FSA BB30, is not compatible with the Ultegra crank. In speaking with a mechanic over the phone from Performance Bike, I was also told that I will need some kind of "adapter" because of the way the FSA bearings are in a sealed cartridge. This part has me a bit confused. Has anyone else here been in a similar situation, swapping out a different brand of crank for an Ultegra one? I'd be interested to hear what exactly was involved in the swap. I would not be doing the work myself, of course (have no clue on how to do it), but would like a good grasp on the parts involved. Thanks!

Linda