Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

great news! I want to see pictures too!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

That's great! I've learned the hard with with my 13-year old male cat that cats are reluntant drinkers, so be sure to encourage their love of water. It will serve them well as they age. I'm glad you're having a great time with them!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Well...
    Kitt-ems are recuperating from their spay/neuter surgeries yesterday.
    Paris, the drama queen that he is, has been sulking and sleeping much of the time. He finally started to eat this morning.
    Zoe, on pain meds, is a spaz. You'd never know she had major surgery...perhaps because of the pain meds. The second I took her out of the pet taxi, coming home from the vet's, she made a bee-line to her food dish and started inhaling kibble. She's been a voracious eater ever since. She's been running around, playing with her binky (her toy fuzzy ball) such that we've actually had to calm her down and kept her contained all evening.
    They've both been told to wear the "Cone of Shame" but it's too small for Paris, so he licks where he's not supposed to anyway. And it's too big for Zoe (both cones are the same size, it's just their size differences), so she trips over it, and rolls around like she's having a seizure with it on. Plus, they growl at each other when wearing them, as they don't seem to recognize each other. So the cones are off when we can keep an eye on them.
    Wish I had better pix of them. Soon!
    Oh, and Paris came back FIV and FeLV negative. Zoe is FeLV negative, but still comes in as FIV positive. Paris got a vaccine shot....Zoe will have to wait to see if it's still antibodies and she clears it or if she will remain that way....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-18_15-48-43_957.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	13599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-18_15-48-54_440.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	13600  
    Last edited by 7rider; 08-19-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I'm glad they're healing up after their surgeries. They're awfully cute, even with the cones of shame!

Your post reminded me that we got our youngest cat a year ago today. Isabel (or Izzy B as we call her) has been a true joy. I can't believe how time flies. They're so much fun.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

any new photos?

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkerbeth View Post
    any new photos?

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkerbeth View Post
    any new photos?
    As long as DH has his phone nearby, pix will be taken!

Here's Paris, defending the computer desk:

His favorite spot, on a lap:

Ready for a trip (HA! He's such a chicken and would likely hide), in my Detours pannier:

Zoe taking a break from bird watching on the back windowsill:

And Zoe in her favorite spot - power napping on DH's lap.
    Last edited by 7rider; 10-17-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: I never know what code to use....

aw,, great photos, thanks. I got my kitty fix.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

awww, cute kitties. I have a fuzzy place in my heart for black kitties.
    Beth

Awesome pictures! I can't believe how big they are now. It looks like they're doing really well.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Awesome pictures! I can't believe how big they are now. It looks like they're doing really well.
    Thanks! They are getting BIG! At only 7.5 months old, Paris already tips the scale just over 10 pounds. He's long and lean and muscular. Zoe is in the 8-pound range.

Paris is a momma's boy. Gotta be with mom - on her lap is his favorite spot. And he's got a loud squeaky purr that will rumble throughout your body when he's sitting on your chest (like, in bed at 3 in the morning! ). He also has a very unusual (to us) mew. It rises up in inflection, like a question. He's most talkative in the litter box (Thanks, Paris...we really needed to know that!) and, of course, at feeding time.

Zoe is daddy's girl. She hangs with him mostly. They both know the sound of the garage door opening now, and she'll come running down the stairs to the door, meowing non-stop at him, like she's just got sooooo much news to catch daddy up on since he went away to work in the morning. The Gossip Girl!

They are quite a pair.

I just love kitty language. Of the various cats I've had, they've all sounded completely different. Different vocalizations, different purrs, different ways of "talking" to you. It's fascinating.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Referring back to cats fascination with water, my cat does this also. Evie always wants in the bathroom. Something even stranger is whenever I blow dry my hair she comes running from wherever she is and sits and stares at me. I'll turn the dryer on her and she walks around my legs and will lay down while it's blowing on her. She's so funny. Then after I stop, she meows like, "hey, what do you think you're doing? I'm not done!" Cracks me up everytime!

Look at those precious kitties. My calico came from the shelter at six weeks old. She was sooo teeny. Yours have turned out just awesome! They are so handsome.
    2013: Riding a Dolce sport compact for fun and a vintage Jetter with cargo rack for commuting

www.bike-sby.org: A network of concerned cyclists working to make our city more bicycle friendly.