Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

ISO bike clubs in the greater DC area

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know there are these cycling clubs around DC:

Potomac Pedalers
    Oxon Hill Bike Club
    Reston Bike Club
    Baltimore Bike Club
    Fredericksburg Cyclists

Am I missing any?

I'm currently a member of Potomac Pedalers and Oxon Hill, but I'm thinking of quitting PPTC because there's too much drama (people ignoring ride classifications, new policies making pre-registration required for all rides, hiding ride info from non-members). So I'm looking into other clubs, especially something that offers group rides outside of southern Maryland where OHBC focuses.

Also, is anyone a member of Reston Bike Club, Baltimore Bike Club or Fredericksburg Cyclists? Any comments about them?

Thanks!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Balt. Bike club puts on the "Kent County Spring Fling" - 3 days riding around Chestertown, MD. over Memorial Day weekend. I did it a few years ago - it's a very well run event. You stay in the dorms at Washington College so it's very reasonable.

http://www.baltobikeclub.org/index.p...&catid=42:news

Looks like there is still space available. You might want to sign up. That will give you a taste of how they operate. I have friends that have been members for many many years.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    I went to trusty Google, and found this list:

http://www.highaltitude2u.com/maryla...ling-clubs.php

However, several of these "clubs" are really racing teams (NCVC, DC Velo, Artemis, etc).
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

There's several cycling related meetup.com groups that look interesting

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    RABA (Richmond Area Bicycle Assn.) has tons of rides, some well north of Richmond. They also have some fantastic rides in the Northern Neck of Virginia, which is a great get-away from DC.

DC, Baltimore Bike Club here, but I quit from that club, I disorganize myself from them, when I start my own family. Sorry can't share anything about them, but I want to let you know bout me.

_________

Pierre @ Conference center

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I know there are these cycling clubs around DC:

Potomac Pedalers
    Oxon Hill Bike Club
    Reston Bike Club
    Baltimore Bike Club
    Fredericksburg Cyclists

Am I missing any?

I'm currently a member of Potomac Pedalers and Oxon Hill, but I'm thinking of quitting PPTC because there's too much drama (people ignoring ride classifications, new policies making pre-registration required for all rides, hiding ride info from non-members). So I'm looking into other clubs, especially something that offers group rides outside of southern Maryland where OHBC focuses.

Also, is anyone a member of Reston Bike Club, Baltimore Bike Club or Fredericksburg Cyclists? Any comments about them?

Thanks!!
    I've ridden with PPTC and Reston, and I've found that they both have the same kind of drama. I think the key is to find a good ride leader and follow them