Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Wow...I honestly thought everyone had at least some gray hair by their 50s (and most during their 40s as well). You are a rare and lucky person! I got my first couple of grays at 25. I'd say I'm about 50% gray now at age 50.
    I have a couple of stripes, maybe a 1/4 an inch wide above my temples, but not a lot of gray (yet) at age 50. Seems to be genetic, my mom is 76 and still has naturally blond hair with just a bit of white streaking through it.

Electra Townie 7D

At one point, when I was under stress, I had a little bit near my part, at the temple. I pulled out the hairs and they never came back.
    Both of my parents didn't get gray until their 60s. My mom died at 67 and was not really even 50% gray when she died.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    At one point, when I was under stress, I had a little bit near my part, at the temple. I pulled out the hairs and they never came back.
    Both of my parents didn't get gray until their 60s. My mom died at 67 and was not really even 50% gray when she died.
    Yes, on the genetic part. My paternal grandmother had brunette hair and started graying only in her late 60s or 70s. She died at 81 and was also not even 50% gray. My maternal grandmother, otoh, was prematurely gray. According to my mom, she was almost completely gray by age 30! So, I'm somewhere between the two. My mom is gray now in her late 70s but was not gray in her 50s, so it must skip a generation. Wish I'd inherited from my paternal grandmother instead!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

White when I was a kid
    Then blonde in elementary.
    Strawberry blonde as a teen.
    Red in my 20's. Starting to go white in spots
    Mahogany/chestnut red in my 30's. More white.
    Gunmetal gray and white in my 40's.

Doesn't matter jack-doodley what I eat.

I'm "naturally" still red-headed. Henna is "natural."

(I do find it deeply ironic that I still have plenty of red hair.... just not on my head. And it has nothing to do with what I eat. It stays red year after year after year after fad after fad after fad fat after skinny after fat after skinny after fat. Red.)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Kitsune06 Guest
    And here I always thought collar MUST match cuffs. I must be dressing ALL wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post
    And here I always thought collar MUST match cuffs. I must be dressing ALL wrong.
    That's what the henna is for....
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    I never thought I'd like my silver hair sprinkled everywhere, but I love how it looks and how it sparkles!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    I never thought I'd like my silver hair sprinkled everywhere, but I love how it looks and how it sparkles!
    Your hair is gorgeous, I hope mine looks that cool when it changes!

Electra Townie 7D