Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Rides!

Weekend Rides!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Had an awesome 29 mile ride this afternoon! Had the fastest average speed, ever. It was only 12.6, but for me that is pretty darn good on my cushy tank! Considering that the last mile of my ride is always quite slow as I am riding around walkers on a bike path I am pretty happy with that average speed.

Quads are a little sore, but considering my March riding couldn't be very consistent due to weather, I think that is only to be expected. It is supposed to be something like 82 degrees tomorrow - with 23 mph winds - so am planning on hiking tomorrow, or just take the day off. Today was my 4th ride this week

FIRST RIDE THIS YEAR WITHOUT WARM CLOTHES

errrrr, sorry for the shouting, but it was awesome to be out in just bib shorts and jersey! I love my tights but am more than ready to store them until next fall...

Yay! That sounds fabulous!

I drove to a paved path and rode 20mi for my first ride this year. I feel so invigorated and pumped with endorphins from it I think tomorrow we are having storms so I was glad to get a lovely 60degree early April ride in Wisconsin today.
    Alison - mama of 2 (8yo and 6yo)
    2009 Independent Fabrication steel Crown Jewel SE
    1995 trek 800 steel MTV

Wooohoo, Catrin! I think fastest av speed ever is somethin to shout about.

I, too, rode 29 brisk but sunny miles. Included a couple of miles up the big bad hill. And a couple of scary miles down the big bad hill. Not sure what's worse.

Tomorrow I'm heading to CicLAvia - should be super-fun!
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

I only rode 5 miles RT to the farm market. Ride report in the First Aid Supplies on the Bike thread :

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=42007
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

dirt

I did a 4hr mtb event today..funkily fun ya!! Heaps faster than last year but still not the quickest

The Natchez Trace Parkway is a 444 mile long National Park that starts (or ends) 30 mies west of Nashville. The Ride2Recovery Ride was to benefit fallen warriors. As I've previously posted, we had grueling conditions and I felt my age (and weight!). But, as I get older, I'm getting a little more inclined o stop and take some pictures!

On the Trace to the start...cyclists, car, and look closely for turkeys! They were everywhere!

The overall setting was very pastoral:

This was the view from a bridge at mile 51. The wind nearly knocked me off my feet:

Lunch in historic Leipers Fork (so historic, that when I lived 15 miles from there, I had never heard of it)

I'm glad I did the ride...it reminded me of my riding basics that I forgot in the last year of less riding.

Here are the stats: my 40 mile pace was 18.8mph. At mile 43, pace didn't matter anymore...finishing alive did!

I don't think I've ever done a ride with so much speed variation!
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

I got home from my class at around 3:45. I was in a really bad mood, so DH went off to the grocery store and I went out just for a stress reduction ride (the topic of the last part of my class was self care for therapists). I did one of my "dark ride" loops, that I usually do at 5:30 AM, before work, when I have limited time. Ten miles down to Concord center, around a loop and back behind the back side of the Old North Bridge. The area is just packed, I mean packed, with people and cyclists for all of the upcoming Patriot's Day celebrations.
    A very relaxing ride, and only a little bit slower than usual.
    Today will be a long ride.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Only got about 7 miles in yesterday, but they were glorious First official ride on the LHT! It was on the PACKED multi-use path, so didn't get as far as we had originally planned, but I did learn that I really need a new saddle!
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Both of my legs are recovering from sclerotherapy for my lovely varicose veins. Doctors orders said ONLY walk 15 minutes twice a day for 2 weeks! That's like telling a bird it can only walk and not fly! No riding, boxing, weights, Pilates or yoga!

I go for my two week check up this Wednesday, and let me just say that, after that I'm out the door!

Reading all of your riding posts is adding fuel to my fire

Went for a 21 mile ride with DH and our friend who has now passed the one year mark of his broken hip from a bike crash. He is still working on range of motion/some pain issues, but he is just as fast as ever. So, the doctor has told him to slow down a little, which is fine with us! We took him up a rather large hill sort of like my own street and then over into Lincoln center and back. 850 feet of climbing. I felt like I was going to die trying to stay with them, but I did it, even though in the end, my average was not that fast.
    I am concerned that my friend (the wife of the one who rode with us) has not wanted to go out with us yet. She is having more and more difficulty even staying pretty far back behind us. I am not sure what is going on; she does all kinds of stuff at the gym and can outdo me like 10X on x country skis. She's always been slower than me on the bike, but, now it's really by a lot.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Yesterday, I ran three miles as soon as it stopped raining. Then, DH and I decided to go for a short 15-mile ride. My regular bike was in the middle of getting a deep clean, so I rode my new Jamis Aurora instead. I haven't spent much time on it since getting it last fall, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I don't know if I need to tweak my saddle position, if my legs were just sluggish from my run and a tough yoga class on Friday or attributable to wider tires on a heavier bike, but I felt like I was riding in quicksand. It might have been all of the above. I like a lot of set back in my saddle position, so perhaps I just need to adjust it. In any event, it was a hard, albeit short, ride.

Today, DH and I hiked 5 miles in Brown County State Park. It was a lovely day for a hike, although it was a lot warmer than it's otherwise been. I was pretty sticky by the end.

ETA: I took a look at the Jamis last night and noticed that the back brake is rubbing. DH complained that he found them really hard to adjust. So, we gotta figure that out before our Katy Trail tour, but it at least explains why I felt (and was) so slow.
    Last edited by indysteel; 04-11-2011 at 07:07 AM.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

No riding today, trying to listen to my legs...but did go for a nice walk in Eagle Creek Park with a friend and her dog. It was nice. Saw so many cyclists out there that it made me want to ignore my legs and go out anyway...but I am not. It is barely the beginning of the season, if I want to finish strong in November then I need better habits now

only 9 miles for me. Checked out new farmer's market then went to Supermarket to get what i needed. Up and down hills. Tailwinds and headwinds... Go for it you guys!

our weather is warmer and dryer but not warm or dry to quote one of my favorite bike bloggers: http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

We have had a beautiful weekend in central Florida and I was able to ride Friday, Saturday and today. Today was a dear friend's 57th birthday so we rode his favorite route and I got in 68 miles. Birthday cake at the end of the ride was just a nice bonus.
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"~John F. Kennedy

Smile

Fabulous sunny day in the UK today, think it hit 66 degrees here in the south.

Still getting my confidence, energy and stamina back but had a lovely ride along the sea front, weaving in and out of the 'grockels'.

For me it was a milestone, 11 miles but I totally hit the wall but like anything else, as soon as you get home you only remember the good bits.

Oh yes, the reason for sitting down am currently limping about with a broken little toe! Yes, it hurts lots.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'