Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question Sigma Computer Trip Distance Reset

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have not been overly impressed with my Cateye Strada Cadence computer on my LHT, so I went with a Sigma with Cadence computer for my Gunnar. I love that it is much easier to read with my RX Oakleys without a bifocal...and it gives me much more information than the Cateye - even gives me current temp and average cadence.

What I cannot seem to figure out is how to reset the trip distance - this is separate from the odometer so I am quite sure it is possible, but the manual is less than helpful with this. Does anyone know how this is done?

I googled it, and there is some info on that- I stuck in "sigma odometer reset".
    Lookit, grasshopper....

Sometimes the company will have an owners manual that you can look at online that gives more details than the ones that came with the product.

Sorry though, I don't know how to reset it.

+1 to Google it.

This might help.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    +1 to Google it.

This might help.
    I found it I LOVE this computer, apparently more than the person in the link that Blueberry provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I found it I LOVE this computer, apparently more than the person in the link that Blueberry provided.
    Heh - sometimes I think bike computers are as personal as saddles and shorts

I'm happy as a clam with the basic Cateye Wireless (and the Strada Double Wireless) - but lots hate them. I get annoyed by my Garmin - that others adore.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    I'm happy as a clam with the basic Cateye Wireless (and the Strada Double Wireless) - but lots hate them. I get annoyed by my Garmin - that others adore.
    You and me both! DH won't let me use the Garmin anymore...he's afraid that I'm going to pitch it against a wall

I've had too many problems with my Cateye Cadence Strada that I wouldn't consider another one, I guess it just all comes down to what we have the most luck with

Catrin...I see that you found how to reset it, but I'm curious to know if it's the same way that my Sigma was. I had the BC2209 model, and to reset this one I had to hold the 2 buttons on the left side (top & bottom) together for about 3 seconds. I now have a Garmin Edge 500 which I do love, but my Sigma served me well during the time that I used it. The only problems I ever had with it, was sometimes it would not pick up the cadence signal. But this was generally due to the cadence sensor accidentally getting bumped and so the magnet wasn't lined up correctly with the sensor. I quick adjustment usually did the trick. I think it's a great computer for a good value.

Linda
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155