Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

fi'zi:k Arione Donna -- any experience?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm generally pretty happy with my Specialized Jett 143, but have had some issues with soft tissue pinching and chafing on my new bike...new bike has me positioned quite a bit more aggressively than old bike (I was too upright for the sort of riding I like and my own comfort on my previous bike), especially in the drops (which were not comfy on old bike, since I couldn't stretch-out appropriately...now I can, but that means bearing less weight on my sit bones and a bit more up-front).

I'm starting to consider changing saddles if this continues to be an issue. I expect I will want to ride in the drops more now that I have the right bike geometry to do so.

This saddle looks to have similar footprint to the Jett...I wonder if the Jett cut-out is causing some of my issues (in addition to too many layers during this cold weather--wind blocker tights over my chamois shorts is almost certainly part of my problem).

Has anyone tried this saddle?
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I haven't tried it, but I'm intrigued!

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    I like the way it looks too.

Although I had a bad experience with the Vitesse that came on my bike
    Do the saddles that come on bikes ever work for anyone? Although the Prologo Scratch saddle that came on my SuperSix works GREAT for my hubby. He loves it. He says it's the best saddle that he's ever had. The saddle that came on my Synapse was definitely not good...very squishy.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

My DH is the same way. The Selle San Marco Ponza torture devices that came on a lot of Fuji bikes a couple of years ago are his absolute favorite, and he hoards them whenever he finds someone switching one out. We must have 5 of these things sitting around

I wish they would show a top view of the saddle so that we could get an idea of the shape. Seeing it from a side view like they show, really doesn't tell me much. And yes, I agree regarding stock saddles! That thing (Prologo Kappa Dea) that came on my Synapse was simply BAD. I'm sure they just throw on the cheapest, crappiest saddles they can think of, knowing that 99% of us will remove it immediately and replace it with something else.

Linda
    Last edited by nscrbug; 03-31-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Quote Originally Posted by nscrbug View Post
    I wish they would show a top view of the saddle so that we could get an idea of the shape. Seeing it from a side view like they show, really doesn't tell me much.
    Click on the arrow on the photo...it shows the top view. That's what has me intrigued.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    My DH is the same way. The Selle San Marco Ponza torture devices that came on a lot of Fuji bikes a couple of years ago are his absolute favorite, and he hoards them whenever he finds someone switching one out. We must have 5 of these things sitting around
    Ha, I already told my hubby that he really needs to watch eBay and snatch up more of the same saddle that came on my bike. Odds are most people who buy the SuperSix will swap the stock saddle out with whatever they prefer (like I did). He could probably amass quite a back stock.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Click on the arrow on the photo...it shows the top view. That's what has me intrigued.
    Ahhh-haaaa! Thanks! Now I am intrigued too. Although, my 155 Ruby seems to be serving me well right now (if it ain't broke...). But it IS a nice-looking saddle.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

If we can't tweak the position/angle of my Jett to work for me on my new bike (assuming my "issues" are not entirely related to the shorts/tights combo), then I really want to give this saddle a try (perhaps after trying the Bontrager Inform RL WSD). Our LBS carries Fizik and I know they have test saddles...at least for the men's models. I will have to ask about a women's test saddle. Looks like retail is around $160...more than I want to spend unless I can try it or they have a liberal return policy/guarantee.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

That's definitely better than $160. I wish I could find info. re: a fizik return policy/guarantee...their website isn't real helpful.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Nice saddle. Let us know what you think. It looks to have a lower channel in the middle.

I have the Fizik Vesta on my bike- http://www.fizik.it/product.aspx?c=VESTA

While I've been happy with it, it may not be the shape you're looking for. And the Vesta does have a lower channel down the middle.
    "Limits are a state of mind: break them before they break you."
    --Michael Cotty

Quote Originally Posted by LivetoRide View Post
    I have the Fizik Vesta on my bike- http://www.fizik.it/product.aspx?c=VESTA

While I've been happy with it, it may not be the shape you're looking for. And the Vesta does have a lower channel down the middle.
    It does look like it would be too wide and domed for me...but how do you like the channel?
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

I've been watching this thread and would also like to know if anyone has tried this saddle. It looks interesting. Thanks.

Today I should finally be able to do a ride without the bulky wind-blocker tights over my shorts, so I'll be able to eliminate that factor. If I am still having up-front issues while in the drops I will be contacting our LBS buddy to see about getting a test saddle or just ordering one outright.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3