Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Moving to the Big Wheels

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am so excited I just test rode my first 29er and decided to order one! Surprisingly it was nimble, fast and not at all awkward. Being only 5'2" with a 29" inseam I thought I might be a little short for one. It seemed like it would feel like I was riding a bike that was too big but it actually handled better than my 26er. I am impatiently waiting on my own Specialized Epic 29er in Lime and Black. I hope it will only take about a week or so.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Woohoo! New bike alert!

This will be the longest week of your life. There's nothing to make time pass like molasses like waiting for a bike!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I am hoping a week, my Gary Fisher had to be ordered and I thought I would go insane! And the shop has their huge annual sale this weekend so it may not be able to get built before my race next weekend. I am still hoping since I am borrowing a friend's bike. Photos when she arrives.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    29'ers are amazing at how they just steamroll over most everything. Your Epic will be zippy, super responsive and so much fun to ride. Congratulations on your new bike and enjoy a new season of riding.

The season never ends here, just gets crazy hot! I checked with the shop and they think early next week. Tomorrow I will put in an order for custom wheels too. They won't be in with the bike but I will ride the stock wheels until then. In six weeks or so I will have custom Industry 9 wheels with purple hubs, silver spokes and black rims, they will also shave a pound each off the total weight. I am giddy that my husband told me to get them to go with my new baby, he felt awful for being behind the wheel in the wreck that totaled my Fisher. I was never upset with him but I will take custom wheels!
    Amanda

She's here!! I got a notice from my team captain my bike has arrived. Still waiting to hear from the shop because I think it is not assembled yet but I am hoping by the end of the week she will be home with me! The best part is my wrench told me I9 is trying to speed up their custom wheels and they might only take 3 weeks, meaning they could ship next week! I ended up going with purple hubs, black rims and custom laced purple and black spokes. My mom said the color scheme screams Mardi Gras. Well, laissez les bon temps rouler! HAPPY DANCE!
    Amanda

Congratulations! Hopefully we will both get our new bikes about the same time

YAY! Can't wait to seeeee!

-- gnat!
    Windsor: 2010 S-Works Ruby
    Pantysgawn: 2011 S-Works Stumpjumper 29er
    Whiz!: 2013 S-Works Crux (Singlespeed)
    Boucheron: 2009 S-Works Tricross
    Haloumi: 2013 Tern P7i
    Kraft: 2009 Singlecross
    Gouda: 2005 Electra Betty
    Roquefort: 1974 Stella SX-73

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    She's here!! I got a notice from my team captain my bike has arrived. Still waiting to hear from the shop because I think it is not assembled yet but I am hoping by the end of the week she will be home with me! The best part is my wrench told me I9 is trying to speed up their custom wheels and they might only take 3 weeks, meaning they could ship next week! I ended up going with purple hubs, black rims and custom laced purple and black spokes. My mom said the color scheme screams Mardi Gras. Well, laissez les bon temps rouler! HAPPY DANCE!
    Where's the green and gold? Takes all three to be Mardi Gras colors.

Enjoy your new bike!
    Beth

Bike is lime green accents! I am not sure about gold though.
    Amanda