Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Burley Travoy

Burley Travoy

To disable ads, please log-in.

Bought my DH a Burley Travoy this week for his birthday. I read all the reviews I could and watched some videos. The reviews were great but I was still a little skeptical. So far, we are really pleased with it.

Pluses - light weight, easy to maneuver, security of quickly unhooking and taking it with you, lots of options and flexibility to carry variety of packages.

Negatives - high cost, especially once we buy more bags and accessories.

Any one else using one? We bought it for commuting but are already thinking of trying it on a short tour with our camping gear rather than using panniers.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    It's very unique looking- and I have to admit it looks cumbersome- although from your description, it sounds like it handles like a dream!!! Glad I know someone who has one. It seems VERY handy- with the quick disconnect and the ability to use it as a cart. Super cool idea! But then again, does Burley make anything that is less than superior?? Nope!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I have heard good things about it from fellow commuters. I just wish I had ordered one when I could get a special deal.

Jaclyn don't know if you are still around but I was curious how your husband liked the Travoy after using it a while?

I dunno if Jacqueline is around any longer? Has anyone else tried the Travoy?

Well I bit the bullet and ordered one of these. Man I hope it is as cool as it looks cuz it did not come cheap. Still, it looks like it will make my grocery shopping a lot easier. I am pretty sure I'll be able to use it to get to clinic for school. I can lock up my bike inside at clinic which is great. My car isn't getting any younger and I really could not afford to replace it if it died so I have been trying tO set myself up to where if it did die I could still function normally.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Let us know how you like it. It really does look pretty cool! It's good that you're thinking ahead about living without the car instead of panicking when it does finally kick the bucket.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Very curious to learn what you think of this, it looks interesting!

Travoy Trailer

I gave my DH one of these for Christmas. It works perfectly on his bike, very easy to manuver and not heavy...and relatively easy to install. However.....

On MY bike, there is a problem with it hitting the rear rack, or if you have a trunk bag (which I like to have with me) it hits up against it when you turn. We ended up buying an extension, which sort of helps, but still not ideal. Oh, but if you have the extender on your seat post you can't use your trunk bag, even though it will clear the rack.

He has a rack and bag on his bike, but because his seat post is higher it is a non issue on his bike. So unfair, as I would like to use it for grocery/errands.

If you don't have a rear rack, there wouldn't be a problem, or if you don't mind removing your rack when you want to use it. For me, it seems like too much of a hassle. I still might try it with the extension sometime for a short trip to see how it feels on my Jamis Aurora, but I was dissapointed that it wasn't better suited to my bicycle because it's smaller.

We initially wanted it to try for light touring sometime, but haven't had a chance to use it for that yet.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Got to play with my Travoy for the first time today and it seems extremely fun I adjusted my rack down to give myself an extra inch to clear the Travoy and it worked out perfectly. My bike is a 55 cm so it may be slightly larger than most but I am super happy it clears my rear rack so I can use my trunkbag when I want still. I did little circles with it and nothing hit and to be honest I couldn't tell it was on there. I'm sure that will be different once it is loaded but hopefully it will be better than panniers loaded. Can't wait to go shopping.

Was browsing REI's sale and just discovered that all Burly trailers and accessories are on sale. No connection at all - just thought Burly fans might be interested
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Dang I really love this trolley! So nimble in the grocery, I can get around all the 'other' carts with ease. It's just so handy to go from bike to store then bike to kitchen. Muuuuuuch easier than before. I had a gallon of milk, bag of potatoes and a bunch of other stuff. It was stuffed full and it still handled great.