Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

How many calories do you burn...

To disable ads, please log-in.

... shovelling 4 feet of snow off of a 20 X 16ft deck? Do you get a few extra calorie points when you have to hoist the shovel up and over the railing? How about if you have to walk an extra few feet with the loaded shovel so you don't step on the dogs that have made themselves at home on the deck (supervising, of course)?

Do I burn even more calories stressing about having to do the whole thing again tomorrow as I watch it continue to snow today?

I think the correct answer is quite simply A LOT! Take care of your back, now.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Don't worry, you are not alone - it s heading our way - actually been snowing all morning, but it is not quite cold enough to stick too well right now. It is sticking but not as much as it could!

Hope it stays that way-

Snowing? You say it is snowing somewhere? Cripes, I'm still waiting for the temps here in TX to stay below 100 ... even 90 degrees would feel crisp to me at this point.
    JEAN

2011 Specialized Ruby Elite - carbon fiber go-fast bike
    DiamondBack Expert - steel road bike
    Klein Pinnacle - classic no-suspension aluminum MTB