Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Austin, TX, rental and routes?

To disable ads, please log-in.

My husband and I will be visiting Austin the first week of May. We are interested in renting bikes during our visit. Can anyone recommend any good rental shops? We'll be staying with friends in the Round Rock area. I'd also like ideas on where to ride-I know of some trails in downtown Austin, but are there any good road routes or trails from Round Rock? Thanks in advance!

Try Bicycle Sport Shop, they have a great rental fleet, www.bicyclesportshop.com. They have a north store and could transfer a rental up. I live north but west of Round Rock, no real trails unless you are looking for mountain biking then Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park is pretty fun one. Not crazy technical, just fast and flowy.

Road routes, Round Rock is kind of boring in my opinion so I don't ride over there. East of 35 is mostly flat and not my thing, plus I am mostly a mountain biker. If you really want to do some riding you could join Austin Cycling Association and have access to a ton of maps, https://www.austincycling.org/civicr...t?reset=1&id=4. Depending on where in Round Rock they are you might be able to get advice from any of the shops located on Parmer Lane in Cedar Park (just west of RR). BSS has a location and there is also an AJ's Cyclery.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Thank you for all the info Amanda! I appreciate your input. I will check out the shops that you recommended. It's just a few weeks away, so we're getting excited! Thanks again.