Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Me too

To disable ads, please log-in.

I hear you sister. Many people share your experience. I hate being kept off the bike due to an outbreak. Hate it. Sometimes it's just too painful to contemplate. So I, for one, would give yourself permission to stay off the bike for a day or two at the worst and then try some of these excellent suggestions. I've been riding for years (rides 20-40 miles avg) and never used chamois cream. I have a new Madone (and I love her) but I'm still getting used to the stock saddle and I've found that cream is very helpful. Good luck!

My heart goes out to you...
    L-Lysine! 2000-3000mg/day! Don't stop! Mayo Clinic has proven it helps with herpes and with shingles. Herpes and shingles are different but the viruses that cause them are in the same viral subfamily-Alphaherpesvirinae. Don't wait until you have an outbreak...take the L-Lysine everyday.
    Find a way to cut the stress level down if at all possible. Find some peace of mind and take the L-Lysine! ...did I mention L-Lysine? I will keep you in my prayers.
    Don't cross the river if you can swim the tide...

2011-Cannondale Synapse Alloy5 WSD with 105 and BB30!

While I don't have herpes, I do have type one diabetes that has caused some skin integrity problems. I am prone to boils and sores that can make riding incredibly painful. I can ride one day and within a few hours find the start of a skin boil.

I use Hoo Haa Ride Glide and that has helped immensely. Ride Glide has antimicrobial ingredients that seem to help. That and antibiotic cream all over my backside has stopped any problems. Buy the best riding shorts with the best chamois you can afford.
    “Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.”.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Type One Diabetes
    currently using Medtronic MiniMed
    Revel 723 with CGMS

Just wondering if Bikemom29 found a good seat? I have the same issue, although my particular case I got from a jerk that I thought was cute. I don't have the will to ride with my ladybits in shreds!

Looking forward to hearing what saddle worked out for ladies with herpes. I'm off to take some acyclovir right now!