Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What were they thinking?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Check this out!

It is hard to know what to say about this one....

It's obvious...they weren't.

Indeed - but surely the people who did the actual work to construct and paint the signs had to have said something? Who can say, but it is a funny picture hailing from Romania
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-10-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Indeed - but surely the people who did the actual work to construct and paint the signs had to have said something? Who can say, but it is a funny picture hailing from Romania
    They were thinking: "Oh. Bike path. It doesn't have to work -- and we're paid to do it."

What, you people don't like trees? Nice spot for a little shady rest stop?

It would be tempting to paint a crashed bike on that sidewalk...

please ladies, the tree was there first and I respect them for respecting the tree. What it hurt everyone so much to just dismount and sidle past just like the pedestrians have to? There were, still are for all I know, frequently majestical old (150-300 years old) trees in the middle of sidewalks and or bike paths through royal hunting preserves and parks throughout the Netherlands, and no one ever thought anything other than they were pleased to be protecting their national heritage.

Just another perspective from a lover of flora and fauna.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Quote Originally Posted by marni View Post
    please ladies, the tree was there first and I respect them for respecting the tree. What it hurt everyone so much to just dismount and sidle past just like the pedestrians have to? There were, still are for all I know, frequently majestical old (150-300 years old) trees in the middle of sidewalks and or bike paths through royal hunting preserves and parks throughout the Netherlands, and no one ever thought anything other than they were pleased to be protecting their national heritage.

Just another perspective from a lover of flora and fauna.
    I am not saying they had to cut the tree down - but couldn't they have made the sidewalk wider? Anyway, I just thought it was a funny picture...

DUH, they were not thinking of safety.
    Funny pic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tothenum View Post
    I think its fake . . . !!!
    A tree , and that big is impossible to grow if the path is used constantly .

It is real - though I think the sign on the pavement is fake. I have seen the aerial photo on Google of this spot, it is in Romania.

Kitsune06 Guest
    It's proof positive that pedestrians and bikers are smarter than your average cager. Put a tree like that in the middle of a road and I guarantee you it'd have bumper parts stuck in it and a healthy corpse count by the end of the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post
    It's proof positive that pedestrians and bikers are smarter than your average cager. Put a tree like that in the middle of a road and I guarantee you it'd have bumper parts stuck in it and a healthy corpse count by the end of the first day.
    Baaahaaaaaa!!! You crack me up Kit!!!

Kitsune06 Guest
    Dark and strange as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Geonz View Post
    They were thinking: "Oh. Bike path. It doesn't have to work -- and we're paid to do it."
    Or they were thinking "it's like flipping the bird at cyclists and we get paid to do it" like the city planners in my town. 4 blocks with the bike path dotted with trees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0416110727-00.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	12968  
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/