Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Stp

Stp

To disable ads, please log-in.

According to the Cascade forums, the STP is 75% sold out, so if you've been considering it...don't dawdle.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

I'm signed up and starting to train. I have a friend who is riding with me, but we have completely opposite work schedules and we don't have an opportunity to ride together. I also worry that she will eventually back out due to lack of training.

That brings up the larger point of why I'm returning to posting these boards after lurking quietly... does anyone know how to go about finding someone to ride with? I'm a pretty slow and steady rider right now... averaging 11-13mph. I'm pretty beat after a 30 mile ride and need to improve on that a lot. I figure there are plenty of women out there like me, but I just don't know how to find them! I don't want to spend the next 4 months riding totally alone.

Check out the rides calendars of Cascade or BIKES club and you can find rides in your pace range:
    http://www.bikesclub.org/

http://www.cascade.org/EandR/Activit...efreedailyride

Also, if you have Wednesdays free, I'd be happy to meet for a ride. You could also ask on the Cascade forum as well

Good luck,
    Laura

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Hey, thanks! I'd love to meet up, but I work a regular MF 9-5 (or rather, 9:30-6) job. I will check out the cascade rides, though.