Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vitamix!

To disable ads, please log-in.

You might try Ebay. I sold ours on there last summer, since we were moving to an apartment and 1) weren't going to have as much kitchen space and 2) thought it might be too loud and disturb the neighbors -- they are awesome but have a powerful/loud motor.

At the time I listed mine, there were a bunch of others for sale on there; some used, some new. In nearly all cases, the discount over buying directly from Vitamix was significant.

It's a great machine, just be prepared for the noise! We used to keep a pair of shop earmuffs in the kitchen for when we were using it.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by lattae View Post
    I'm really wanting to order a vitamix after reading the thread and browsing their site. It's expensive but sounds like it's worth the money. I suppose the only place to buy the latest one on the market is on their 'official site' or does anyone know of a different online site that sells the latest and newest models...
    I got mine at Costco
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Just wanted to add my endorsement for VitaMix. I've been resisting getting one for years because of the cost. I finally broke down and bought one. Should have done this years ago. Now I make real smoothies for breakfast as opposed to "chunkies" I've also made some soups in the VitaMix that were awesome. I like that many of the soup recipes in their cookbook call for mostly raw ingredients but the soup tastes like the cooked version. I'm hooked!
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Another happy Vitamix user, and I'd been through a few blenders and juicers. I got mine from QVC when it was one of their daily deals with the monthly payments. Love it!

I have a Vitamix and I use it at least once a day. Smoothies and soups like others here. But my favorites are hummus (it's so creamy without adding a ton of oil) and tomato sauce. I decided to try the sauce when I read about the leaching of impurities of cans into the sauce. 6 roma tomatos and a few other ingredients and ta da!! Sauce. You just have to simmer it for a while and it's excellent for pasta and pizza.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I'd be all over one of the old ones with the stainless jar. I wonder why they stopped making those. Maybe I should be searching eBay for one.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I really enjoy every morning using Vitamix for breakfast. Compared with other mixers, he is better than other mixers in terms of performance and ease of cleaning. I am not a professional chef, but I think professional chefs will also like this high-power smoothie blender.