Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What to wear first sprint tri.???

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi! I am doing my first triathlon, a sprint in June. I need advice on what gear I really need to have. I am clueless. I would like it to be as easy as possible while considering comfort and cost. Thanks in advance!

What I wore for my first (and so far only) sprint tri is cycling shorts and a running bra top. Both were items I already had. The bra was a color that I didn't mind wearing by itself (not that I'm that modest ). I took a couple of pairs of cycling shorts that I thought were likely candidates and wore them into the shower to find out how much water the chamois took on, and how much the fabric sagged when wet. The pair I chose worked fine for the race.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I bought a pair of tri shorts on sale and wore a sporty swim suit top I already had with a quick drying tank over top (also already had). I didn't buy any other tri gear until after my third tri when I knew I enjoyed it, and even now, I prefer my swim top over a tri specific tank.
    Jenn K
    Centennial, CO
    Love my Fuji!