Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anyone have a Terry Cycling Tunic?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just curious if anyone has one of these. I'm short (5'2") and have a terrible time finding casual dresses that aren't too long, so have been mulling over getting one of these tunics to wear as a short, casual dress in Belize, I could also use it on the cruiser bike with bike shorts underneath, but would probably be more likely to wear it out for a casual dinner afterwards.

Just wondering if anyone has one of these tunics and how the fit is. I can read the size charts, but I never quite trust 'em. By my bust measurement, I should get a Small, but I almost always seem to need XS so pits don't gap and such, so I'm trying to figure out if these are really as small as they claim.

Here's a link:

http://www.terrybicycles.com/Apparel...s/Bike-Tunic_4

There are no reviews on the site, which is why I'm asking here, even tho I know it's a long shot. Thanks!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I have the older gingobike patterned tunic.

It's pretty short on me - i couldn't wear it without something underneath (I'm 5'7"). But I own a ton of those $6 cotton leggings they had at Target for awhile, so I'm set.

Based on their measurements, I should be at the top end of a S (34-26-36) but I bought the XS and it's very form-fitting but fits just like I want it. If I wasn't an A cup it might be too small, but my shoulders are pretty narrow.

I usually wear a XS-S in tops and a 2-4 in pants as long as they're curvy enough for my butt. I can't think of another brand to compare their fit to but just ask if you have one in mind?

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Just thought of a suggestion - I also love the Nuu Muu exercise dresses. They're a little bit longer but slit on the sides and have no shelf bra. I also go with XS in those.

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    I have the older gingobike patterned tunic.

It's pretty short on me - i couldn't wear it without something underneath (I'm 5'7"). But I own a ton of those $6 cotton leggings they had at Target for awhile, so I'm set.

Based on their measurements, I should be at the top end of a S (34-26-36) but I bought the XS and it's very form-fitting but fits just like I want it. If I wasn't an A cup it might be too small, but my shoulders are pretty narrow.

I usually wear a XS-S in tops and a 2-4 in pants as long as they're curvy enough for my butt. I can't think of another brand to compare their fit to but just ask if you have one in mind?
    Sounds like we're similar in measurements -- I'm a little smaller in the hips and a 32C (but measure 34" in the bust). The one thing I worry about most with the tunic is that the arm holes might be cut too low for me. I'm short all over, and armholes are often a problem. I'd have to wear a t-back bra with it as I'm too saggy to go braless (and a shelf bra is NOT enough!), so if the armholes are low, the bra would show.

Thanks for the input!
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    Just thought of a suggestion - I also love the Nuu Muu exercise dresses. They're a little bit longer but slit on the sides and have no shelf bra. I also go with XS in those.
    Thanks for the suggestion -- I'm not familiar with this brand/style, but I'll google 'em!
    Emily

After reading this thread, I had to order a Nuu Muu dress!

Emily, have you considered this dress?
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodLO_EDL0910.html

Susan O. has the same one in a different color and every time I see her in it, I want one. It's really cute in person and you could totally wear a regular bra with it. She and I are both only 5'4", so it's not too long at all.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Why, oh why did you post that link to Nuu-Muu, Jesse?
    I have been restraining myself from buying the Terry tunic, as it looks like a long version of the Eurohalter, which I love. I am not sure if I'd wear it riding, but I would certainly wear it around town.
    I like the idea of the dress that I can wear my own bra with (nothing, ah, showing), but I think the Nuu-Muu might be too long for me at 5' 1".
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Hahaha sorry. My sister and I discovered them a few years ago after she ran a race with me in a cotton dress. Kind of a "hey we should invent -! Oh, someone already did" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post

Emily, have you considered this dress?
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodLO_EDL0910.html

Susan O. has the same one in a different color and every time I see her in it, I want one. It's really cute in person and you could totally wear a regular bra with it. She and I are both only 5'4", so it's not too long at all.
    That's really pretty, but two issues I think I'd have with it:

1. That type of low-cut, square neck, while very flattering, tends to be cut too low on me. I am very short in the torso, and anything even remotely "low cut" on an average-sized woman tends to come WAY down on my breasts. I have to be really careful with how tops are cut and really can only wear petite sizes or higher-cut tops because of it.

2. Black is too hot (and formal) for Belize. I am looking for light, summery colors.

It's very cute, though, so thanks for pointing it out!
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Why, oh why did you post that link to Nuu-Muu, Jesse?
    I have been restraining myself from buying the Terry tunic, as it looks like a long version of the Eurohalter, which I love. I am not sure if I'd wear it riding, but I would certainly wear it around town.
    I like the idea of the dress that I can wear my own bra with (nothing, ah, showing), but I think the Nuu-Muu might be too long for me at 5' 1".
    Check out the video on this site (scroll down a bit) -- it may not be too long for you. It really looks pretty short, though I don't know how tall the gal in the video is.

http://mizfitonline.com/2011/01/18/n...view-giveaway/

This is the first site I found. If I can find it in a non-black color, I will probably buy one, and I'll be happy to let you know about length, if you haven't already succumbed! Will probably wait until mid-March, though, when I get my bonus.
    Emily

Oh yes! Many colors. I LOVE the look of this...may have to get more than one, if the fit is good.

http://shop.nuu-muu.com/collections/nuu-muu-classic

Thank you, jessmarimba, for pointing these out. I adore them. And I think the pit openings look like they'd work better for me than the Terry, which seems to be cut awfully low in the pits, at least from the photos.
    Emily

The terry tunic armpits really aren't too bad on me, but it's a size smaller than I probably should be wearing, too. I've worn it for yoga and haven't had any problems with anything being seen that shouldn't, or falling anyplace it shouldn't...the dress is just more of a racerback and that may be why they look so large in the photos?

Just a note on the nuu-muus - the solid colored one I have isn't made anymore, but the fabric on it seems to be slightly thicker than the prints. But I don't know where they get their fabric and it may be a weird quirk of just that color (dark maroon/red - I got the last one they made). The women who work there are really nice if you have any questions!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	expman.pl.jpeg 
Views:	157 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	12679

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    That's really pretty, but two issues I think I'd have with it:

1. That type of low-cut, square neck, while very flattering, tends to be cut too low on me. I am very short in the torso, and anything even remotely "low cut" on an average-sized woman tends to come WAY down on my breasts. I have to be really careful with how tops are cut and really can only wear petite sizes or higher-cut tops because of it.

2. Black is too hot (and formal) for Belize. I am looking for light, summery colors.

It's very cute, though, so thanks for pointing it out!
    I hear you on the black. Susan's has a white background and I like it much better than the black one (it looks more casual and summery).

Jess - you look so cute in that dress! (and I love the red!). Thanks for posting the photo...it's nice to see it on a real person!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I, too, succumbed.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

I won't succumb until it gets a little warmer. I will use it as a reward for cycling through March and April when most people around here are just thinking about their bikes.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport