Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

9 wide/8 wide Chaco Z-2 sandals

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've got a pair of women's 9 wide Chaco Z-2 sandals in black.

Worn about 4 or 5 times.

The price was right, I grabbed them, but I really need 8 Wide.

Just on the off-chance, anybody got a pair of 8 Wide Z-2 and wish they could trade someone for a pair of 9 Wide? (women's 8 wide or a pair of men's regular 7)

Let me know... I can hook you up...
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

FREE TO LOVING HOME
    (I'll even pay the shipping)

1 pair women's wide size 9 Chaco Z-2 sandals. The heel is NOT wide, only the toe area.

Basic black. Goes with everything, never goes out of style.

Suitable for running, biking, rafting, dancing, looking sex-ay at the beach.

Get the coolest tootsie-tanline in the neighborhood!

You know you want them...

PM me, si'l vous plait.

ETA: please don't just turn around and sell these on Ebay. Established TE'ers only, please.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 03-22-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I will take them if still available

The Chacos have a new home!

One more member added to the Chaco cult....
    (almost as pernicious as the Brooks cult. Almost.)

*jealous*

Chacos never, ever ever fit me. I love them. I have wanted them since I first set eyes on them in about 1980. I try them. I walk around REI begging them to be comfortable. We are simply irreconcilably different.

Then the Tevas laugh at me and rip their velcro and use the Darth Vader voice and say "It is your destiny."

Nobody ever said life was fair.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    *jealous*

Chacos never, ever ever fit me. I love them. I have wanted them since I first set eyes on them in about 1980. I try them. I walk around REI begging them to be comfortable. We are simply irreconcilably different.

Then the Tevas laugh at me and rip their velcro and use the Darth Vader voice and say "It is your destiny."

Nobody ever said life was fair.
    I assume the folks at REI adjusted the straps and everything for you... but did they have you try a pair of wides, or a small pair of mens? I thought Chacos would never fit me (I was a Teva girl from back in the 1980's when they only came in S,M,L,XL and 2 styles), but once I got them adjusted right and when I found the miracle of wides, the world became a sexier place.

Honestly, I don't miss the Tevas.

Both are made in China now, so I have no deep loyalty like I did when each was made in the USA, but I do love the Chacos.

And the Toe Coop and the Ped Shed now come in wide. Happy dance! I'll try those for next winter
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    And the Toe Coop and the Ped Shed now come in wide. Happy dance! I'll try those for next winter
    Me, too! Especially the Toe Coop!

I held off this year, because I didn't like the colors offered in the mens sizes, and knew the womens regular width would not be a happy thing for me.

(Here's hoping my Chaco Arturos -leather fisherman's sandals- will hold together until I can get some Toe Coops!)

I didn't even know Chacos came in wides. My mom LOVES hers, but she has a narrow foot. I'm a Keen/Dansko girl, because they tend to fit my duck feet so well. Perhaps I should look around for some wide Chacos. My current Keen sandals are about shot.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    I didn't even know Chacos came in wides. My mom LOVES hers, but she has a narrow foot. I'm a Keen/Dansko girl, because they tend to fit my duck feet so well. Perhaps I should look around for some wide Chacos. My current Keen sandals are about shot.
    The womens wide Chaco is a similar fit to the older womens Keen Newport. It may even be slightly wider at the toes, depending on how you adjust the straps.

The new Keen Newport is far too narrow for me to wear any more. I was very sad to discover they'd changed the last. I got a pair of mens this time, and the clerk at REI said a lot of women had switched to mens since the change in the womens width.

Women's wide Chacos are my favorite shoes/sandals by far. (with Birkenstocks a close runner up) Triathlon, half marathon.... CHACOS!

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    The womens wide Chaco is a similar fit to the older womens Keen Newport. It may even be slightly wider at the toes, depending on how you adjust the straps.

The new Keen Newport is far too narrow for me to wear any more. I was very sad to discover they'd changed the last. I got a pair of mens this time, and the clerk at REI said a lot of women had switched to mens since the change in the womens width.
    I had always heard that the Newports were a little narrow. The ones I have now are a pair of their Venice H2s. There is a newer style that I like the looks of, but people say they are also narrow, so I may look for another pair of Venice H2s...or wide Chacos. So you have run HMs in yours?! Wow. I would think the straps would rub. Do you wear socks with them, then?
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Do you wear socks with them, then?
    Yup. Injinji socks, mostly.
    http://www.injinji.com/tetratsok/p_mini.htm

I also wear the Injinji socks when it's a bit too chilly to go barefoot in the sandals. Wool (heavy) socks are quite nice for the Z1 sandals when it is cold. And while it is possible to flatten the toe loop on Z2 sandals to let you wear normal socks (essentially turning a pair of Z2 into Z1), I've never tried it.
    Don't need to, cuz I've got something like a zillion pairs of Chacos...

Yep, she's the Imelda Marcos of Chacos One thing I found out is do not wear Injinji socks with normal shoes if your toe is broken and you need more room such as roomy Chacos
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

All of you have me looking forward to that package from Knotted with great anticipation! They sound great, and it is good to know the straps are adjustable. I've had foot surgery, and shoe/sandal fit has always been a problem.

I sent them in a Chaco box, which has a map in the lid of how to adjust the straps. DON'T THROW AWAY THE LID!!!!