Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

We need a new running thread: Feb. 23 and on

To disable ads, please log-in.

It was really depressing to run on snow and ice covered roads again last night.

And wouldn't you know it, I managed to fall on the one small patch of dry pavement in a 5 mile loop! I tripped on my darn shoe-laces. Fortunately, I fell on my right hip this time. I have road rash on my side

Anyways, 5 slow miles. Done.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

My medical issue with a boil has forced me back to the treadmill .
    I haven't run in months. I did 30 minutes of walk/run/hill incline walk intervals today and yesterday.
    Nothing hurts, but the running felt really hard, even at a 10:40 pace.
    Back to square one.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I think I'll start posting in here. I've been plugging away at my marathon training schedule, and I'm currently in the midst of week 3 (of 16).

I did a slow (snow and ice) 5k on Monday and bike intervals last night. 5k recovery run planned for tonight.
    2010 Scott Speedster Limited/Bontrager Inform RL
    2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Feminine/Terry Butterfly
    2005 Cannondale F400/Terry Butterfly

4.5 miles today - moderate pace beautiful sunny day - temps in the mid 30's saw more people out that I have in a while. This weekends long run is 16, will be a new long for me. Weather is not suppose to be great so hoping can squeeze in. 8-1/2 weeks until the marathon

Quote Originally Posted by Ambikes View Post
    I think I'll start posting in here. I've been plugging away at my marathon training schedule, and I'm currently in the midst of week 3 (of 16).

I did a slow (snow and ice) 5k on Monday and bike intervals last night. 5k recovery run planned for tonight.
    Welcome to the running thread!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Checking in - I've been running 4-6 miles regularly but not in any focused way. Just enough to sweat off some of the chaos in my life, not enough to introduce any more stress. My only real goal at the present is TOSRV (which hardly feels like a goal at all, since I've done it so many times and it's untimed, but I'm well aware I'm not in shape for back-to-back centuries today, and working toward that ). So I'm mainly just keeping my toes in the running pool.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

4 miles on the treadmill today, 3.5 of that running, .5 walking. Just a good, basic workout.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

8 easy miles for me today. Planned on doing all 8 early this morning, but a fresh blanket of snow coated with freezing rain combined with fog--well, opted for a shorter 5 mile loop in town on the lighted roads. I'll have to wrap it up with 3 miles later tonight.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR

I think I'll officially chime in, as I've started running again. So far, I'm doing between 2-3 miles of run/walk intervals, with more running than walking. I haven't gotten organized enough to actually bring a watch along, so it's all pretty loosey goosey. I'm running longer intervals than I thought I would straight out of the gate though. I'm just trying to get my joints and ligaments used to it.

I haven't run regularly for a couple of years now. I'm not sure I really should be running now as my PT cautioned against it because of the mild arthritis in my hip. So far, however, I've actually felt pretty good. My litmus test for my hip has been lotus pose in yoga, and I was able to stay in it without much discomfort on Tuesday for the first time in almost a year. The minute my hip pain begins to flare, however, I may to rethink this. I have no aspiration beyond being able to do 3 to 5 miles at a time, 3 times a week, although I certainly admire you ladies who are able to do long distance runs.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Heh. I might be able to do full lotus in my next life. If I come back as an octopus. Or maybe not until after I've achieved enlightenment.

My ankles limit me as much as my hips there ...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Heh. I might be able to do full lotus in my next life. If I come back as an octopus. Or maybe not until after I've achieved enlightenment.

My ankles limit me as much as my hips there ...
    Actually, I should clarify that my "lotus" is really just sitting cross legged. That's about as deep as I can go regardless of what my hip is doing. My body never ceases to amaze me. I'm really flexible in some respects and just not so in others, no matter what I do.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Oh indy, I am not flexible at all! I envy you!

Let's see... I did five bleh miles Tuesday, and 3.5 great / fast miles today. Half is on Sunday. I may do a little 2 miler tomorrow.
    I can do five more miles.

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    8 easy miles for me today.
    I can't imagine writing the words "8" (miles) and "easy" in the same sentence. The most I've ever run is 5 miles. And that was a rarity, just a couple of times. You should feel really good about yourself, lime. What you take for granted, many/most of us can't do.

Good job!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

2 miles on the treadmill tonight, barefoot. I had a Spinnervals workout on my plan but once I got to the basement, I decided that I wanted to run, too. Since I didn't have my shoes with me, I just did it barefoot. FUN!

(I should mention that all my runs are done in barefoot type shoes, so going without on the treadmill was no biggie)
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    Welcome to the running thread!
    Thanks!

My recovery run on Weds ended up being a bit faster than I was aiming for. The windchill was close to -40 and neither I nor the dog really wanted to spend any more time outside than we had to.

Yesterday, I ran heart zone 4 and 5 intervals at the gym. Total distance was 7K (just over 4 miles) including warm-up and cool down.
    2010 Scott Speedster Limited/Bontrager Inform RL
    2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Feminine/Terry Butterfly
    2005 Cannondale F400/Terry Butterfly