Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been taking an unscheduled easy week-- just been feeling tired a lot. But today was a nice run, 6.5 miles on the treadmill, in exactly 1 hr. Tomorrow it's back outside for a long run, distance depending on how I feel.

Ran at lunch today: 3.5 miles in GORGEOUS running weather! (30F and bright sun). LOVED IT!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I did another 35 minutes or so of intervals. I'm guessing 2.5 miles. It felt pretty good. The MUT through my town is flooded in spots so I just randomly ran through my neighborhood and through the nearby cemetary.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

11K yesterday on the treadmill at the gym. I don't mind doing shorter runs and intervals on the dreadmill, but I am really hoping that it warms up soon so that I can at least do my long runs outside. I run slow, so I was on the treadmill for 1 hour 25 minutes yesterday

The good news is that my sweetie and I are leaving this weekend for Costa Rica, so then I can complain about trying to run/hike in the heat and humidity.
    2010 Scott Speedster Limited/Bontrager Inform RL
    2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Feminine/Terry Butterfly
    2005 Cannondale F400/Terry Butterfly

5 Miles on a new path today in bright sunshine. I wish spring would come soon...

I had an awesome half yesterday. My goal was to come in under two and my time was 1:54. So I am happy with that. Came home and signed up for two more races...
    I can do five more miles.

Back up to 9 outside, and felt fine. Keeping fingers crossed
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

Congratulations, indigoiis, on a wonderful accomplishment!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Congratulations, indigoiis, on a wonderful accomplishment!
    I'll second that. I'll trade you some flexibility, indigoiis, for the ability to do a half marathon!

I did another half hour of intervals this afternoon. I mostly ran this time with a few pauses to catch my breath. At this point, those pauses are more mental than physical but I'm not kind ready to push through. It was windy out there today, and I'm exhausted from getting about 3 hours worth of sleep last night. We had some wicked storms last night. DH had to work the night shift, so I was alone. The kitties and I spent part of the night in the basement during a tornado warning.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indigoiis View Post
    I had an awesome half yesterday. My goal was to come in under two and my time was 1:54. So I am happy with that. Came home and signed up for two more races...
    Awesome! Congrats on the fast finish.

5K on the treadmill for me today. I was planning on running outside, but the cold, snow and -30 windchill scared me inside yet again. Can winter be over now?
    2010 Scott Speedster Limited/Bontrager Inform RL
    2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Feminine/Terry Butterfly
    2005 Cannondale F400/Terry Butterfly

Woohoo indigo, way to go!

I've got the flu. Recovering amazingly quickly with black elderberry extract (and yes it's definitely flu and not a cold), but it'll be a couple of days before I run.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Yay Indigo!

Well, my long run was a fail this weekend. I had so much work pile-up on me Saturday that it was impossible to sneak away for too long. I did manage a 4 miler that, surprisingly, seemed to add more stress to my day. I have another super-busy week ahead of me. I'll probably have to ignore the "training schedule" and get in runs and trainer rides as I am able.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Awesome time, Indigo!

This morning was a tempo run, and I suspect there's something wrong with my watch, 'cause it says I was going fast. Like a 7:51 mile followed by a 7:56 mile fast-- first time I've ever run back-to-back sub-8 minute miles, as far as I know. And I'm pretty sure I broke my 5k pr out there this morning...

Could the strenght training I've been doing for about a month now be making me faster? Or is my watch screwed up? Either way, it was a good run, and it's a beautiful sunny day, lots to smile about

Way to go, indigo! Very inspiring.

I am running 3x/week, 2 shorter interval runs (probably 4-6 miles), 1 longer run (currently 6-10 miles). Today was snow and melt/freeze, wet wet wet feet afterward. Wore my Flows, they are chilly at first (especially those half-ice slush puddles) but once I get going everything warms up and the insulation is super nice. Unfortunately it means I can't wear them the rest of the day

Glad to see everyone making it through the winter.

Skhill, it sounds like you're just plain FASTER!

I ran 3.35 as a recovery run this evening. It was good. No struggles at all.
    I can do five more miles.