Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by sgf726 View Post
    Completed my first 1/2 marathon race yesterday. Goal time was 2hrs and I hit it just about on the nose 2:00.08 (8 seconds over), this weekend is our 20 mile training run for the marathon - then we start to taper. 4 weeks til race day.
    Great job!

I got outside yesterday for about an hour of run walk/intervals. I suppose I should get more deliberate about my runs--in terms of measuring how long my intervals are and how far I go, but right now, I prefer to just head out and see what develops. I'm not training for anything per se after all. Yesterday felt good except when I was running into a stiff wind.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Great job, Sharon!
    You must be excited about The Marathon.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

great job, sgf! and mcap, too!

The weather's been consistently good for running outside, and I'm loving it! Today was about 8 miles, in a pretty brisk wind. It was my longest outside run in the VFF's-- I've been wearing them on the treadmill, but my feet get too cold to wear them outside in the winter. It felt great, and I didn't stub a toe or anything, for once. Ended up averaging a 9:15/min pace, despite the wind.

Nice work everyone! I ran a half with my mom and friend yesterday. Super fun! training is about to go from crazy to super crazy as my ironman is 6 weeks from saturday. Just trying to do my very very best to stay healthy!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

Nice work, sgf, mcap, everyone who's chugging along

I ran the "First day of Spring Commemorative 12-Miler" yesterday (a race I made up) with my dog. It was slower than usual; my heart rate has been higher than normal this last week by 5-10bpm as I've been fighting something off. I was in Boston last weekend/week and did a lot of standing, walking, stranger-meeting.

Otherwise, it's 2x/week intervals on top of the weekend long run (and riding and swimming and strength training, and eating and sleeping, and working, whew).

(reminds self to check in more often)

Thirty minutes on the TM this morning. After 2 runs outside, I could barely stand it.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    You must be excited about The Marathon.
    I am. Thanks! I am actually hoping that it stays cool thru mid-April.

Before I started training for the marathon in December my longest run was 8 miles.

Sharon