Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Uh oh. Here we go again. Been off TE for a long time because I haven't been able to train and somehow felt un-entitled. Now I'm finally getting back in gear. Signed up for a half marathon. We had our first training yesterday, day after I got out of hospital after another Crohn's flare-up, so I walked rather than ran. But I felt fine, tacked on a fourth mile after the three we were supposed to do and went birding. Got some great shots of a pair of Canada geese going through their entire mating ritual Then stopped by Trek's (my sister's!) favorite bike shop and picked up my old Trek (as in bike this time, I left the new one home in Norway) from repairs and upgrades. Now if only it would stop raining, I'm ready to bike commute for the rest of this semester Maybe this time around I can get in shape and stay there ...? Ya think? Naah, but it's worth getting there anyway.
    Last edited by Duck on Wheels; 03-06-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

I did a 4.5 mile run today. I started it in a light drizzly rain but it changed over to a hard rain in the last half mile. Still, overall, it was good run.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Got a little 3-miler in while I was Chicago for the weekend. I'm WAY behind on my training calendar. Tonight I'm supposed to do a 5 mile run and tomorrow I start speed work! Agh!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

I did 10 on Saturday and felt good!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

I'm so off my training plan-- as my long runs get longer, it's harder and harder to fit them in around life and the weather. No long run this weekend, and only 11 miles the previous weekend. Next weekend, it had better happen...

Anyway, today was just shy of 8 miles; felt like going a few more, but didn't have the time. Sigh...

I did 10 with my dog on Sunday, she wasn't quite ready for 10 so we stopped halfway and sniffed down by the river, and walked about 1/2 mile close to home to give her a break. That made it slower than normal, but I enjoy her company and want to do it while we can before the weather gets too warm for her. She also insists running through every pile of snow along the way, and stopping to smell the roses/dead woodland creatures/deer poop, which will get more annoying as I get more focused.

Along my run, I saw a shirt, a camisole, and a bra, within 1/4 mile of each other. Someone was probably very cold after experiencing the loss of these key items.

5 painful miles for me last night. All this traveling and sitting in a car has not been good for me. My back is killing me. I really need to get in to see my chiropractor.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

I was out for about 45 minutes last night. I started with a fast walk, then (mostly) ran for the next 35 minutes and then ended with a walk again. I was excited during the run because it was the first time that I felt like I was running, rather than doing intervals. I'm gettin' there!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I did my first 5k trail run on Sunday. I normally only run & train on the road, just is where I live. But have wanted to do some trail running. It was AWESOME. I had fun and my race time was pretty good: 32:18 (my best road 5k was 29:52)
    It was small, but I was 28/67 of the women (top 1/2) and 4/10 in my age group. I could of been 3rd, but why sprint across the finish line when I had been running w/ another lady most of the way.

I really did love it! Plan to do more and find more trails to run.

Haven't been logging my runs here. On a new training plan for a 1/2 marathon in August, so mileage is low again. I'll be sure to post more as the miles add up!

K
    katluvr

Nice job Kat!

I got out for a weetie little run today for the first time in forever. Just trying to build myself back up. It did feel good.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I ran 2.2 miles outside today and didn't feel like cr*p. Well, I did walk a bit, but it was definitely mostly running and not short run intervals. Hips are a little tight, but now that I am working with the MacKenzie PT, I have a whole arsenal of stretches.
    When I did the 7 mile hike in AZ on Sunday, I noticed that I love to run up hills; a young couple was behind us at one point and passed us (they were running at that point). However, we came to a climb and I passed them . Then I noticed they walked on every little hill.
    Guess all of that cycling and x country skiing helps. I really prefer trail running, but that will have to wait until the snow melts.
    Last edited by Crankin; 03-08-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Good job, Crankin!

Sounds like fun.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

dang, some nice 10 milers in this thread, good job!

I ran 6 last night, borrrrrrrrrrrrring!, LOL!! All I do now is run 3x a week... 6miles each shot... 18miles per week, on the treadmill, booooooooooring!, LOL!!

I can't wait until it gets nice out where I can get home, change, and grab Snoopy the Beagle and run outside for 6 miles... it's so much nicer!!

In the winter, I am inside at the gym... 18miles a week, all.winter.long
    if you don't like sewing, you haven't found the right fabric

I felt like such a wimp this morning, resorting to the treadmill just because of a little rain and wind. It wasn't all that bad out there-- warm, and the thunderstorms aren't coming until afternoon. But then I was chatting with an acquaintance in the locker room, and she was remarking on how only the more hard-core folks were showing up at the gym in the crappy weather. Guess it's just a matter of perspective...

Did my usual treadmill 6 miles, but a bit quicker than usual.

4 Miles today because the weather was so nice outside.