Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Tire changing happy dance

To disable ads, please log-in.

The back-story to this is that I haven't even had to change a flat since I got kevlar belted tires on my roadbike over a year ago.

Now I'm trying to switch my mtb, which I have never "mountained" on, into a shopping bike or a commuter. So I bought semi-slicks last week, and decided I was going to do this all by myself. May not sound like a big deal to some of you, but I hadn't even changed a flat in over a year, and it was only one flat before that. (Only been cycling 2 years)

So I sat in the driveway on Saturday afternoon, put the bike up on the car rack, (since I don't have a repair rack), and swapped out the tires and added liners all by MYSELF (the crowd goes wild ) I got the tread in the wrong direction on the rear one, but I knew it right away and got that fixed before it was even back on the bike.

So that is my "I am woman" story for the week - She emerges victorious! heehee!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorfrau
    The back-story to this is that I haven't even had to change a flat since I got kevlar belted tires on my roadbike over a year ago.
    Now I'm trying to switch my mtb, which I have never "mountained" on, into a shopping bike or a commuter. So I bought semi-slicks last week, and decided I was going to do this all by myself. May not sound like a big deal to some of you, but I hadn't even changed a flat in over a year, and it was only one flat before that. (Only been cycling 2 years)
    So that is my "I am woman" story for the week - She emerges victorious! heehee!
    doctorfrau - well done and dont sell yourself short for all the thousands of women out there that could change tires there would be just as many who could not. It does make you feel good and so it should.
    Congrats on a job well done.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

way to go! this is an important and often overlooked skill... good job on not only figuring it out, but recognizing the tread was wrong and fixing that too! YOU ARE WOMAN!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Congrats! You are truly accomplished. Know that I was was with you every moment .... When you sighed, I sighed, when you grunted, I grunted, when the sweat rolled down your face, mine did too!

I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago and was up till midnight, my 15 year old at my side, encouraging me, pointing out my mistakes in subtle fashion.

Again, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by ACG
    Congrats! You are truly accomplished. Know that I was was with you every moment .... When you sighed, I sighed, when you grunted, I grunted, when the sweat rolled down your face, mine did too!

I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago and was up till midnight, my 15 year old at my side, encouraging me, pointing out my mistakes in subtle fashion.

Again, congrats!
    LOL!! It sounds like you had the tougher battle - at least I was alone - I KNOW how "Subtle" 15 year olds can be!!!

Congrats to YOU too!

P.S. - Is the dear child still among the living?