Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

This stuff looks crazy. I can't even lift one leg off of the ball, sitting, and raise the opposite arm, with a light weight. I wobble like crazy and I have fallen off. My sense of humor must be warped, because I didn't laugh or think it was funny.
    I already know my balance sucks. Yoga really improved it for awhile, but I haven't been practicing as much.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Veronica, your arms are GREAT, I "heart" them While my trainer really hits my upper body strength pretty hard, and I've gained a lot of strength, my upper arms - with wings - just aren't tightening....

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    This stuff looks crazy. I can't even lift one leg off of the ball, sitting, and raise the opposite arm, with a light weight. I wobble like crazy and I have fallen off. My sense of humor must be warped, because I didn't laugh or think it was funny.
    I already know my balance sucks. Yoga really improved it for awhile, but I haven't been practicing as much.
    Don't feel bad -- I'm also terrible at this stuff! My balance did improve somewhat with yoga, but the classes (offered through work) ended, so now I do just a few poses at the end of each workout. I can't even imagine doing the things on an exercise ball that these gals do! If I had one at home, I might be brave enough to try, but the gym I go to is actually our work fitness center, I don't have a personal trainer to push me, and I do not want to try on my own in front of co-workers! Don't need for them to see me wobble and fall!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Oy, my trainer had me do planks on a ball tonight and then he started pushing the ball and told me to hold it... EVIL - and while I did fall over once I succeeded the second time

As far as tire workouts go, just regularly lift 8 winter tires and wheels on/off the wall rack and in/out of your cars. Tires only . . . pfff!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I got a 65 cm ball. Going to try some exercises - as my ankle allows me.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    It's not so much the actual pike that scares me--it's the push-ups part. I can barely do regular push-ups.
    Wait, I think I mis-read you the first time around. You mean she does handstand push-ups in pike position on the ball?! Yikes.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

sit

Surgtech-A simple thing you can first do on the ball is: sit & balance self, sit-balance-lift legs up (don't fall back..you won't if you find the exact spot to sit). Sit-balance-lift legs up-use weights..

I just wanted to say how inspirational this thread is!

I started my first session with a personal trainer today (YAY! and OW!) and have a long way to go until I can even *think* about any of these exercises. But they've got my hyped up to exercise!!!

THANK YOU!
    Lindsay
    2011 Cannondale CAAD10 WSD 105

veggie food blog: http://kitchenoperas.com

today trainer John, in keeping with the goals I have of increasing weight and intensity 10% per quarter, added two new ball exercises. Tonight I am feeling them but have hopes that things will improve as I do them more often.

The first one had me on my back on the ball like I was going to do an abdominal crunch from a horizontal position. With a 8 pound weight in my left hand and with my right leg extended out straight he had me do a diagonal crunch bringing the weight up to touch my right foot which was also lifted. Balance and some muscle isolation that I haven't done for awhile.

The second exercise was another crunch variation done with a 10 pound weight on my chest, abdominal crunch then grab the weight, while in the up position and touch the ball next to my hips as low down as possible while keeping good posture, muscles contracted and not overbalancing.

His latest variation on the the planks on a medicine ball are one legged planks while rolling the ball in circles and in and out.

linzq- good luck with the trainer. My trainers have made all the difference for me even though at times I have to admit it's a struggle to make myself go in and submit to the session.

In additon, they have been especially helpful, whenever I have ended up taking time off for any reason ( broken ribs 2 x, collapsed lung and masectomy) in helping me ease back into the training while not running amuck and causing further damage or slowing recovery, which Had I done on my own I probably would have pushed myself too hard.

The current trainer John was especially focused on making sure I got my balance and shoulder flexibilty and strength back after the masectomy.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Quote Originally Posted by marni View Post
    linzq- good luck with the trainer. My trainers have made all the difference for me even though at times I have to admit it's a struggle to make myself go in and submit to the session.

In additon, they have been especially helpful, whenever I have ended up taking time off for any reason ( broken ribs 2 x, collapsed lung and masectomy) in helping me ease back into the training while not running amuck and causing further damage or slowing recovery, which Had I done on my own I probably would have pushed myself too hard.
    Thanks! I'm currently recovering from a back/hip flexor/S-I injury... so the trainer is not only wonderful but necessary as I get into this new-to-me world of road cycling! I'm already feeling like I'm on the right track!
    Lindsay
    2011 Cannondale CAAD10 WSD 105

veggie food blog: http://kitchenoperas.com