Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

The Ride-No Opportunity Wasted

To disable ads, please log-in.

Has anyone seen this movie? The trailer really looks great.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

I have not seen it, but the trailer reminds me of "Bicycle dreams"... which was OK, interesting to watch, just not for the $25 the DVD costs (major buyers remorse). For the cost of the rental, it might be worth it.

YES!!! I got to see this movie in Eagan, Minnesota a few weeks ago for a special premier showing. Phil was even there to speak about the movie and the experience. I even got a photo of him with our cycling team

I will tell you right now that this movie will motivate you like nothing you've seen before. I absolutely, positively, LOVED it. It was entertaining, heart-warming, touching, funny, and I wanted more. I suppose you could argue that having Phil there made the experience more rewarding, but I am looking forward to watching this a second, third, fourth, time.

It's available to rent ($3.99) or own ($11.99) on amazon right now. As of this post, 22 5-star ratings.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ride/dp/B004LWV5L6/
    Last edited by mardeebo; 02-23-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added link

Looks great...I wanna see it!

Quote Originally Posted by mardeebo View Post
    YES!!! I got to see this movie in Eagan, Minnesota a few weeks ago for a special premier showing. Phil was even there to speak about the movie and the experience. I even got a photo of him with our cycling team

I will tell you right now that this movie will motivate you like nothing you've seen before. I absolutely, positively, LOVED it. It was entertaining, heart-warming, touching, funny, and I wanted more. I suppose you could argue that having Phil there made the experience more rewarding, but I am looking forward to watching this a second, third, fourth, time.

It's available to rent ($3.99) or own ($11.99) on amazon right now. As of this post, 22 5-star ratings.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ride/dp/B004LWV5L6/
    Thanks for letting us know.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

i downloaded it to my ipod as soon as i heard of it and have watched it 3 times already. (but i also have seen "hell on wheels" prob'ly a dozen times, "overcoming" even more and the one about raam - "bicycle dreams"? -prob'ly half a dozen. i love em all!)

i really liked The Ride and I didn't even know it was with Phil Keoghan (the moderator on "Amazing Race" and a verrrrry strong rider) beforehand. i thought the film was too short, i would love to see much much more of his adventure.

and he raised over $400,000 for MS. very cool. my aunt has MS.
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Looks cool. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for posting it

I had followed his ride on the internet but didn't know there was a movie. Thanks.

We're planning on scheduling some "ride and movie" nights to raise money for LiveStrong Davis (we're on Elden Nelson's Team Fatty for our third year). This movie will be perfect. The plan is for people to go out for a ride, return to our house where we have a big screen set up, have some food (and adult refreshments) while watching the movie. And raise some $ for a good cause. Now I may need to raise money for MS, too.

I rode with Phil when he passed through the DC area. It was a blast and he took the time to talk to all of us and take photos with us and even signed people's 'numbers' with the name Philiminator - which is his nickname in the online reality TV fan world. I'll look for a pic from then to post.