Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I think when the going gets tough you would slip off in front, or settle for a position with not your sitting bones on it, but behind it, crushing more soft tissue - doesn't it look like a bar stool to you?

and to balance it off you'd take more load on your forearms. (judging from the videos....)
    I doubt that this would be a solution for long rides.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Quote Originally Posted by Grog
    Let's also add that cycling mags usually have tons of advertisement for sex-gizmos, "learn the ropes", "herbal" treatments to increase potency, etc.

Part of it is, yes, the targetting of men in general.

Another part of it, I think, has something to do with men active in cycling (and other sports actually) being quite interested and worried about performance in ALL areas of their lives...
    I've been checking out runner's mag since I'm trying to cross-train, and they are just as prevelent there too. I've even seen a couple in Backpacking mag.

Does anyone have a problem getting 'turned on' after riding? I feel that I have little or no sensation...like riding has desensitized me. Problem is, my SO has the opposite problem!

YES.

To put it in a way even my SO will understand, I tell him, "Listen, I just spent the last some odd hours with a large piece of plastic shoved up my crotch and now the last thing I want is something else shoved up there."

It's not that my saddle hurts, it's just like what you said, I think at the point after a long ride I get a bit desensitized.

And also, that's not to say at all that my libido has dissipated in general. It just goes on vacation for the span of 1-2 hours after a long ride. Maybe though that is my body's way of trying to retain some energy... (After that though, we're good to go! )

Quote Originally Posted by lynnepin
    Does anyone have a problem getting 'turned on' after riding? I feel that I have little or no sensation...like riding has desensitized me. Problem is, my SO has the opposite problem!
    http://www.roadbikerider.com/bookstore.htm#eArticles_
    if you have time (and the 4 bucks) to read this article, you will discover that your poorly designed saddle is compressing some pretty delicate nerves down there. Further, this damage can last longer than the couple hours you are describing. Just from reading on this forum, I am amazed at how many women
    are having serious problems from sitting on bike saddles!

Your SO probably enjoys looking at all the spandex

I usually am high and smiling after a big bike ride, so being turned on is not a problem at all. I can (sometimes) be a little sensitive down there though so gentle touch would be the key.

I'd seriously consider trying other saddles. What seems "normal" for now may actually be dramatically improved with a different saddle.

Thanks Mimitabby

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby
    http://www.roadbikerider.com/bookstore.htm#eArticles_
    if you have time (and the 4 bucks) to read this article, you will discover that your poorly designed saddle is compressing some pretty delicate nerves down there. Further, this damage can last longer than the couple hours you are describing. Just from reading on this forum, I am amazed at how many women
    are having serious problems from sitting on bike saddles!

Your SO probably enjoys looking at all the spandex
    I got that article. Thanks so much for the link. I am trying out some new saddles to see if any of them makes a difference. I am currently trying out the Selle Italia Ldy without the cutout. I remember how much attention my SO paid to finding the perfect seat b/c he was having numbness problems...who knew I would have the same issues? Now it's my turn to find the perfect saddle!

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk
    Have you guys seen any noseless saddles?

Im trying to imagine what they look like.

I have a "Spiderflex" noseless saddle that I like so far. No chaffing, thighs don't even touch, no burning of the 'you know', and it's adjustable (tips) to the front or back and I do SO not miss that nose up front! Check out the Spiderflex website. I ordered it out of Canada.

Kitsune06 Guest
    Maybe it's b/c I'm a youngin' and spend a lot of time out of the saddle, but I tend not to have a problem getting turned on (or I get turned on a little and end up mauling my s/o!)

...anyone else have that 'issue'? *blush*

Yes.

(blush)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Yup, when I ride my Huffy with the big saddle (complete with springs in the back) I have problems.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Kitsune06 Guest
    LOL Knotted- I read that and started cracking up- everyone walking by my desk must've thought I finally went off the deep end!

*Off-Topic Thread Hijack. Sorry y'all!*

AAAAAAAAAH! Kitsune, i just clicked your link to your donation page! My hair used to be exactly like that! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!! When I didn't have helmet-head I had gorgeous red spikes.

I started growing it out this winter, and now it's almost past my earlobes. I look like a nun. (a red-headed nun, but a nun nonetheless)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Kitsune06 Guest
    AAAAAAAAAAH!!! Knotted!
    That's a pic from last year, when I had gorgeous red spikes! DP has 'encouraged' me to grow my hair out, so it's quickly approaching my earlobes!
    (I'm going to be getting a hair cut, though... more for my sanity than hers- I just can't dig the nun look!)

*you may now return to your regularly-scheduled "Biking Makes My Bits Numb vs. Biking Makes Me Randy" forum thread*

Thanks Kit for giving me the go-ahead to say...

no probs here - for partner or me...

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".