Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Specialized Vita Comp vs Trek Fx 7.5 wsd

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey out there…I am in Canada looking for a new bike…I bought my partner a top of the line santa cruz julianna in 2008 …she has ridden it maybe 6 times… it was too technical of a bike for her..and she didn’t like the mountain biking scene…so I recently got her a specialized vita elite…oh my goodness, she is happy as a clam!!! Due to a back injury myself, I gave up my own mountain bike to my son and my racing road bike to my daughter (they are both thrilled) but I am bike-less….so I am looking to downgrade myself to a hybrid similar to my partners…I was looking at the 2010 specialized vita comp…but I have been offered a trade…her santa cruz(new it was $2000)… for a new 2011 Trek fx 7.5 wsd (1000)? Any thoughts out there? thanks…i have ridden the Vita Elite and it felt pretty good...I need the flat bars now and an upright position...I have been told that the Trek is comparable..

Both are really nice bikes. In 2008 I test rode both the Vita and the 7.5. I personally liked the feel of the Trek a bit over the Vita and it has been a great ride for me. Can you ride them both and see which one says "Take Me Home"? If they both fit, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Good Luck and have fun.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

A year ago I was debating between the Specialized Vita Comp vs the Trek FX 7.6. I bought the Specialized Vita Comp.

Since both bikes (Vita Comp vs FX 7.5 that you're looking at) have aluminum frames, I was interested in what each had to offer for dampening road buzz.
    The 2010 Vita Comp has BOTH a carbon fork and carbon seat stay. Plus it has the "zertz" inserts to soften the road buzz. The FX 7.5 only has a carbon fork but not a carbon seat stay, and you have to go up to the FX 7.6 to get the ISO-Zone piece in the rear seat stay. Also, the Vita Comp comes with bar-ends, the FX 7.5 doesn't. It looks like the front and rear derailleurs are comparable on the two bikes??

What size Vita Comp are you looking at? I'm selling my barely ridden 2010 Vita Comp and going to a steel frame instead. Mine is a medium, and I'm asking $750 in case you're interested (I paid $1100 new).

Ciao
    Last edited by ciao_bella; 02-13-2011 at 07:28 AM.
    2011 Jamis Coda Femme (with Coda Elite upgrade)
    1997 Trek 730 Multitrack
    Yep, I prefer STEEL!