Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Ride the Rockies 2011

Was wondering if anyone had any hints on the route before the big announcement at midnight tonight. Trying to jumpstart booking hotels.

Thanks!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Haven't heard a peep, but probably going to put in for the lottery....
    Sit bones = ~135 mm, saddles that work ~ 155cm/6.1 in wide
    2003 da Vinci (custom road/all-rounder)/Terry Butterfly Ti
    1994 Gary Fisher Nirvana (vintage MTB/commuter)/Terry Butterfly Chromoly
    1991 Terry Symmetry (NOS frame/fork, project in progress)
    1973 Raleigh Super Course (project in progress)

We'll know in a few hours - the suspense is killing me (especially since I'm on the east coast - route announcement's at 2am...)

What do you think of the route?? I'm a bit disappointed, as I've ridden a big chunk of the middle section a couple times, but at the same time it's such a big interesting swath of the state...are you putting in with a group, solo??

I'm a bit disappointed too - not nearly as challenging as last year, but some pretty roads. I've never done Berthoud Pass or the road from Edwards up to Steamboat - or that loop, so it's gonna be lots of new views for me, so that's always good.
    Applying with my boyfriend, but we've gotten in for the past 5 years, so we think our luck might run out this year.

P.S. -- are you the same out_spokin' who came to ride 6-Gap in Georgia many years ago and was the angel who pulled me in for the last few miles when I was so tired I could barely move? If so, you deserve a halo for that!!!!

Yeah, all the section N of I-70 would be new to me too. And I've only been to Crested Butte once for a few hours and loved it, and that climb to the top of Cottonwood Pass will be epic, especially since not all paved. Cottonwood is just classic - I bring most of my out-of-state visitors there, and imagine climbing the East side every time...will be different to come flying down there, for sure!

Sounds like the lottery has a weighting system so that if one didn't get in for 2010 it's more possible, but doesn't go back further. But if that doesn't work there's always the Bicycle Tour of CO or the CO Rocky Mountain Bicycle Tour, so there are options! ;-)

No, not me in GA, though I'd like to do that ride! I borrowed the name from the club (www.outspokin.org) of which I've been a member here and there but haven't ridden with in recent years since I live 60 miles S of their usual rides and love the riding here so much. Guessing some of them will be on RtR!