Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Blood, Sweat and Gears 2011 - Who's in?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Blood Sweat & Gears

DH is in on the century, and I'm in on the 50. I've been saying that I was going to do it for several years, and it's finally time. The century sold out in less than a day. There are still 50 slots open, but I wasn't sure that they would be for long, so I took the plunge.

Now - training. All suggestions for how to train for very steep mountains where there aren't very steep hills welcome
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    We train on the bridges, but our's are steep and hilly. Go over, ride a bit, recover, turn around. Go over again.
    Yes - I think I will be making very good friends with the few bigger hills we have - and riding them over and over again. That and resistance work on the trainer (not fun, but effective).

I'm really glad I jumped in - the 50 sold out in less than a week too. We're going to start thinking we're in California (with the huge rides) if this keeps up!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

How was your BSG experience this year? DH's?

We have a little cabin close to Snake Mountain and we go up to the top of that monster climb and cheer on the riders. It is great fun!

My avatar is actually a pic from the top of the climb up Snake.