Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

A great tempo run for me this morning-- first outdoor speedwork since I don't know when. One mile warming up, then 4 fast, going from 8:40 down to 8:25. My watch was hidded in my sleeves/mittens, so I wasn't checking it while running, just hitting the hidded buttons. It didn't feel like I was going that fast!

I got in my 6 miles last night. I did it. That in itself is a an accomplishment.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

I couldn't bring myself to get all bundled up and go outside today. Temps are in the 20's and have been running in that weather or colder all winter, just wasn't up to it today so 4.5 miles on the treadmill at least it was an interval day.

5.4 miles yesterday - 50 deg out could have worn shorts. What a difference 48 hours makes. Drill was 2x2 miles hard with 5 minute recovery.

Of course tomorrow is my long run day - 13 this week - and its going to be cold and windy/

Gotta love New England winters. :-)

My cats were doing intervals the length of the house last night... they're loving the warmer weather!

I did a quick 6.25 miles this morning, in the warm and wind. Running uphill into the wind was tough, but coming home downhill with a tailwind might have been even tougher. But I was dressed too warmly, in shorts and a t-shirt!!

I've had a very bad running week. I did my longest run ever on Sunday and then proceeded to skip runs the rest of the week! I have no idea what is wrong with me - it's just been an off week. Even my swims (which I didn't skip) were bleh.

Anyway, today was supposed to be a fresh new week for me which meant a run at lunch. Now I'm not so sure it'll work. Apparently President Obama is arriving at the tiny airport across the street from my office and will be touring Intel around lunchtime. My run route takes me right past the airport (where all the cops and TV trucks are currently parked) and then I loop around the Intel campus where the tour is being held. I have a feeling that I might get detoured or blocked.

I might just wait and do a treadmill run tonight. Ugh - what a way to spend a Friday evening, huh?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I stayed in London for the last week and could try a treadmill for the first time in the hotel fitness room. I did 2 5k runs and some intervals and found it quite entertaining to play with running speed and incline.
    I guess it gets boring though if you get used to those gimmicks.

Oh and I noticed all runners I saw in the city were wearing short thin summer clothes while I was wandering around in my winter coat - Londoners seem to be tough people
    Last edited by Susan; 02-20-2011 at 09:25 AM.

My week was weird - since we went xc skiing last weekend I didn't get in a long run, so I did a 5.5 on Monday, a 5.5 on Tuesday (both nights, both returning from the bus), rested Wednesday, 6.7 on Thursday (bus to the car where my daughter was waiting) and off Friday. Then yesterday I did an ultra-fast 3 miles on hills - I think I even PR'd - on a training run!

Today though was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I had a scheduled 12 (next week is the Hyannis Half marathon which we are doing. We left the car for my daughter to pick up later at the park and ride, and ran from there. It was entirely uphill. I started out great and in fact, I have been noticing lately that I have been faster. But then the Fiber One I had had for breakfast (duh!!!) kicked in at 5 miles and I spent the next seven very hilly and cold miles running alternating with walking to keep from... uh... letting loose? and when I did run, I felt my energy sapping. Did I mention it was TTOTM? In any case, I was stuck, I had to run through it, so to speak. We got home in 2:05, which wasn't horrible but was nowhere what pace I wanted to do today. I felt so, well, POOPY!
    I can do five more miles.

Quote Originally Posted by indigoiis View Post
    Today though was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I had a scheduled 12 (next week is the Hyannis Half marathon which we are doing. We left the car for my daughter to pick up later at the park and ride, and ran from there. It was entirely uphill. I started out great and in fact, I have been noticing lately that I have been faster. But then the Fiber One I had had for breakfast (duh!!!) kicked in at 5 miles and I spent the next seven very hilly and cold miles running alternating with walking to keep from... uh... letting loose? and when I did run, I felt my energy sapping. Did I mention it was TTOTM? In any case, I was stuck, I had to run through it, so to speak. We got home in 2:05, which wasn't horrible but was nowhere what pace I wanted to do today. I felt so, well, POOPY!
    Oh no!!!!!! I think we've all been there. Not fun!

I had 8 miles on Sunday morning. DH had 12 scheduled. We got up extra early and skipped church (sorry up there!) to get our runs in before the the snowstorm. I'm really glad we did that. Nice dry roads to run on. And now, after the storm yesterday, looks like we'll be getting the running snowshoes out again. Sigh.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

14 miles on Saturday; the first 10 were so easy, the last 4 were tough. And it was in those last few miles that I saw a lot of other runners out on the streets, most of whom looked incredibly fresh...

Today, in honor of President's Day, I ran the length of the nearest street named for a president (Jefferson), then on past the statue downtown of a VP from here (Breckinridge), then on home. I was planning on going on to Lincoln Ave., but the wind was howling so I cut it short. 4 miles in all, but the wind made it feel like a lot more.

Started back running again yesterday after trying to let the ankle heal and it's amazing how quickly you lose it! I did a half marathon in December and it was a struggle to get 2 miles done yesterday. Oh well, gotta start at the beginning.....again

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

A great run this morning. Today was interval day so after about a mile warm up we did 4 rounds of "run at an uncomfortable pace but not a sprint" for about 1/3 of a mile. Then walk for two minutes. I was pretty happy with my pacing. The first one was a 9:17, followed by 8:03 , 7:09!, and a 7:55. The first one I realized I had way more in me and it wasn't as hard as I thought. On the 7:09, I actually made Thom work. The last one included running up a hill, which had been in our walk phases.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

13 miles on Saturday which felt harder than last Saturday 15. I think it had something to do with the intense headwind on the first 1/2 of the run, worst part was the wind kicking up all the sand/salt from the road which really hurt on the cold skin. We were joking about our free facial scrubs.

Today was speed intervals - 4.80 miles after a wu 3x3 min intervals with the fast at 7:40 pace and then recovery at 10:00 pace. That was tough.

Trying to get my long run in on Friday this week as I am traveling on Sunday current forecast is raining and 40's - sounds like fun...

Todays 4k wasn't fun I felt tense and unfit, though it got better somewhere in the second half of the run. Maybe it was just because of the interval training I tried yesterday.